Using V Carve Pro on a Milling Machine

Thread: Using V Carve Pro on a Milling Machine

Default Using V Carve Pro on a Milling Machine

I have a Bridgeport Milling Center with a GE Fanuc Series 0-Mate M Controller.

I'd like to know if anyone here has used V Carve Pro to program a milling machine like this. I don't see my exact controller listed in the post processors.

Thanks

Kevin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using V Carve Pro on a Milling Machine

CastleWorks,
    My guess is it will work just fine. You can output to many machines but think all you would need to do is set it to generic fanuc output and it will work just fine. I can probably send you a simple output file from vcarvepro, nothing fancy and output it to generic fanuc and you can do a quick test.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin...
    I have a CNC upfitted BP series 2 running WinCNC and its my "Daily driver". I use it to cut components for small CNC's and retrofits that I do. All design and toolpath is done with VCPro

Some pics here: Latest Project

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CastleWorks View Post
    I have a Bridgeport Milling Center with a GE Fanuc Series 0-Mate M Controller.

I'd like to know if anyone here has used V Carve Pro to program a milling machine like this. I don't see my exact controller listed in the post processors.

Thanks

Kevin
    CNCMAN172 is probably correct with the using the generic Fanuc post-processor. Just select the appropriate work units for your application and run a small test fill to confirm it's operation.

Thanks, good to know. I am still working on getting the PC connected up to the CNC through the serial port in order to load a program. Once I clear that hurdle I will try a test program.

Hi All,

Update....I can successfuly load a program to the controller. I am using VCarve 6.5 and tried both the Fanuc16 ATC and the Fanuc0i ATC post processors. Most of the programming works fine but it hangs up when it goes to change tools. Essentially it moves to the tool change height and stops but never proceeds to change tools.

Do you know if there are other Fanuc post processors available for VCarve Pro? Can the post processors be edited?

Thanks