HELP !! VcarvePro v8.509 NEWBIE

Thread: HELP !! VcarvePro v8.509 NEWBIE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HELP !! VcarvePro v8.509 NEWBIE

First real effort to make a 3d sign all paths look good in simulation. 3d clipart is from Vectric, I am using Laguna IQ HHC and saving the post files as .MMG. the tool path for my first file "ROUGHING " starts ok but at somewhere about 10% into the routine the CNC loses its position. I have reset the machine a couple of times and it continues to happen. I did make a small 3d sign before I upgraded Vcarve not sure if there are any known issues with the code for the LAGUNA as I said it is probably user error I just can't figure out where. Most of my CNC work has been done using Rhino5 I have not noticed and oddities there.. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and or assistance I have uploaded the CRV file as well as the post files

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP !! VcarvePro v8.509 NEWBIE

****RESOLVED****

Actually I found my problem. In the " Machining Limit Boundary" section I selected the Model boundary instead of a selected vector. I assumed that that selection would just shape the model. We all know what happens when we assume. well selection model boundary actually removes all the wood except the model and although the model is considerably smaller than the stock the machine slammed into the clamp and I thought it just was loosing it's location.

So that's the story

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HELP !! VcarvePro v8.509 NEWBIE

Quote Originally Posted by Macguitar View Post
    ****RESOLVED****

Actually I found my problem. In the " Machining Limit Boundary" section I selected the Model boundary instead of a selected vector. I assumed that that selection would just shape the model. We all know what happens when we assume. well selection model boundary actually removes all the wood except the model and although the model is considerably smaller than the stock the machine slammed into the clamp and I thought it just was loosing it's location.

So that's the story
    Sometimes we can't 'see the trees for the forest' so to speak. You are not the first to experience this, and well I guess we call that the learning curve. Good luck with your project.