Need Help! Lettering Troubleshooting

Thread: Lettering Troubleshooting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lettering Troubleshooting

Afternoon Folks (at least at my end)!!

I am relatively new to the CNC world and for the most part, I have figured out most things/problems by lots and lots of google searching and YouTube videos. But this issue has me stumped!!!

I am using a verify simple block font in a sign. I run the tool path reviews and like what I see, but the finished product is different. I am getting a "serif" or extra cut in the square corner. Please see the attached photos.

I know I am doing something wrong but I simply cannot figure it out. And I am running out of scrap wood on my repeated test boards.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lettering Troubleshooting-hd-jpg   Lettering Troubleshooting-problem-font-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lettering Troubleshooting

Red...
    It appears that your design bit angle and the cutting bit do not match. My guess is that the design uses a 90* and you are cutting with a 60*. Check the angle for that bit in the tool database and make sure that the one you have in the collet is exactly the same

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lettering Troubleshooting

Judging by the picture, you have the "corner overcut" function turned on somewhere in your CAM program. I am not familiar with VCarve, so I cannot tell you where to turn it off (or why the overcut corners did not show in the screen preview).