Problem Windows 8 Questions

Thread: Windows 8 Questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Windows 8 Questions

I got the message, no more support for Win X P Pro. so now what? If I do the download for the next gen of windows what are the issues I may face. I hope we don't have to buy new software or make drastic hardware changes.Will the new version Win 8 be compatible with Vectric Pro. ver.4.5 or ver.5.? Anybody running an older versions of AutoCAD and Solid Works, like ver. 2000 for autocad or ver. 2007 for solidwrks. Is it too early to panic? comments

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Most PC's running XP will not run very well with Windows 8. I wouldn't even consider upgrading. If you need to run Windows 8, get a new PC.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you usinf that computer for. Just because there will be no support doesn't mean that that the computer won't work/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Windows 8 Questions

Support for Windows XP has ended which means there will no longer be any updates from Microsoft, the computer will continue to function as it always has. You will however notice that new hardware drivers will start to phase out as they focus on newer software like Windows 7 and Windows 8.

BEWARE; As support for XP stops the door for hackers opens and you may be exposing your computer to viruses and malware. If you do not take the computer onto the WEB, and you do not add newer hardware components your computer will function just as it always has.

XP computers will work with the new OS, however it's like putting racing fuel into your '51 Chevy. You just won't be able to achieve maximum performance.

Paul