VERY Successful DIY Vacuum Former Project

Thread: VERY Successful DIY Vacuum Former Project

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VERY Successful DIY Vacuum Former Project

I needed a vacuum former to make the housings for the milling machine ATCs I sell. After using a Formech machine for several months at a local TechShop, I built my own machine using, mostly, scrap material that was given to me by a friend, and things I had laying around. About the only things I had to buy were the heaters, PID controllers, and plumbing.

Here is a thread with details on the build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...mo-former.html

It works absolutely PERFECTLY - FAR better than I ever dared hope, and FAR better than even the Formech commercial machine I used to use! I use 1/8" ABS, in 24"x24" sheets. The entire sheet heats to an almost perfectly even temperature in under 4 minutes, and forming takes only seconds, with perfect pull-down. Results are absolutely 100% consistent and repeatable, which was not the case with the Formech. The only things I plan to change at some point are really minor some touch-ups (mostly in my crappy welds in the plastic "frame", stronger air cylinders (to ensure solid sealing), perhaps add penumatic clamps for the plastic, to speed loading and unloading, and ,eventually, perhaps automating the whole heat/form/cool cycle, making forming a single-button-push affair. But, for now, I am absolutely thrilled with the results.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VERY Successful DIY Vacuum Former Project

Do you have any video?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Do you have any video?
    I don't yet, only because I work alone, and can't operate the machine and a camera at the same time. I will do one at some point...

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a link to a short video of the machine in action: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...ml#post2087998

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Here is a link to a short video of the machine in action: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/novako...ml#post2087998unblocked games 76

Regards,
    Ray L.
    A great video. That's nice.