textured ABS sheet source?

Thread: textured ABS sheet source?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default textured ABS sheet source?

Does anybody know where to buy sheets of ABS that are textured on one side?

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

rplastics.com has sheets....even Amazon.com has 1'x2' sheets....search the internet for Textured ABS sheets. I suspect that McMaster Carr also has the product.

Downloads
    Uploads

My impression is that haircell textured-on-one-side ABS is very common; some places sell only that and have to special order smooth-on-both-sides ABS.

I'd think you could get it from your local plastics supply place.

Unless you're talking about more interesting textures than haircell...? If so, please report back on what you find; I'm interested too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, guys. If McMaster-Carr has it, I couldn't find it with the search words I used. I buy from them regularly, so I checked them first.

rplastics.com does have what I need, so if I can't find something in SoCal, I'll use them. I need more than just 1x2' sheets.

Downloads
    Uploads

you search for "ABS Sheets", but it looks like they don't have the textured...just clear, opague, and translucent.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, that's all I found...they have an excellent search system... but I'm only interested in black with texture on one side.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Can supply from India

Quote Originally Posted by tenaja View Post
    Thanks, guys. If McMaster-Carr has it, I couldn't find it with the search words I used. I buy from them regularly, so I checked them first.

rplastics.com does have what I need, so if I can't find something in SoCal, I'll use them. I need more than just 1x2' sheets.
    Hi,

I am a plastics consultant and can supply from India sizes 2440x 1220 mm( 48"x96") and even longer, if there is a good volume order.

What thickness you need and color? Pls specify. Write back to my email ID custompartsonline@gmail.com

Last edited by chan luci; 12-11-2006 at 04:07 AM.
    Chan Luci, Techie
    www.custompartsonline.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't need enough to bother importing it, that's for sure!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, I ordered from rplastics.com , and a week later they still hadn't shipped it, so I cancelled the order. If they had contacted me to let me know it would be so long I would have been ok--but a week delay in shipping with no notice is just bad customer service in my field.

I ordered it from Port Plastics, and had it two days later. (To rp's credit, they had 2x4' sheets, whereas Port's were 4x8', unless you wanted to pay for a cut fee, but that just delayed shipment.) The material that both suppliers had was "haircell", and it's butt-ugly. The texture is far too coarse for what I want.

I've seen material with a coarse "edm finish"... anybody know a source--or brand to request-- for that?

Thanks again!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Most of the haircell I have used is not as rough as your post would seem to indicate. The exception is reground material which has a rougher pattern.

There are a few standard ABS textures.
    Uniroyal Div of Spartech Plastics usually has warehouse stock. In addition to haicell, Royalite ABS ( Uniroyal brand ) also came in "level haircell' ( smoother ) and "Falmouth" which is similar to the texture on computers.
    But you have to buy from a distributor. Any large plastics distributor should be able to give you information. Most distributors only stock black and white haircell.

http://www.spartech.com/plastics/abs_sheet.html

Have you looked at Kydex ( acrylic - PVC alloy )? It's more expensive than ABS bbut the hiarcell is fairly smooth.

If you only need a small amount of material and can't find what you want maybe you could try local vacuum formers. They might have extra sheets from a run.

HTH

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Tenaja!
    I'm a new comer here.
    If you're still working with ABS sheet, we are professional produce of it in China, textured or embossed. With printing patern or without. Both available.

For more info., you can send me a mail to:michaelai@126.com

Sky Good Tech. Industrial Co., Ltd.
    Producer of (ABS, PC, BOPP, OPP FILM, SHEET, PACKAGING BAG. SELL INTERNATIONALLY)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by casung life View Post
    Hello, Tenaja!
    I'm a new comer here.
    If you're still working with ABS sheet, we are professional produce of it in China, textured or embossed. With printing patern or without. Both available.

For more info., you can send me a mail to:michaelai@126.com

Sky Good Tech. Industrial Co., Ltd.
    Producer of (ABS, PC, BOPP, OPP FILM, SHEET, PACKAGING BAG. SELL INTERNATIONALLY)
    Hey, I'm interested. However, I only need small quantities. Right now, I could use 10 sheets of 2x4 .125" haircell black abs. What is the total cost, including shipping, and what is the lead-time?
    Thanks,
    Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try ABS Sheet and Rod - Plastic Materials | Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.. They have both textured or Hair Cell material as well as machine grade in white and black.