Vacuum forming action figures HELP!

Thread: Vacuum forming action figures HELP!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vacuum forming action figures HELP!

Hi there,

I am very new to this and wanted to get some advise, I have been trying to vacuum form action figures for some time now, they come out OK but the plastic is way to tight around the figure, I am using PVC. I wanted to see if anyone could give me any tips as to how to create more room inside the plastic so that the figure has some breathing space inside - i.e covering the figure with some kind of material? or using a riser? what works best - any help greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mitchec,

I assume you are doing this for packaging or similar and don't require the pvc to pull in around every detail.

Have you tried venting some of the vacuum to make it less efficient, with some experimentation I think you'll acheive what your after.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_wood_router_project_log/101936-5_axis_build_full_steam.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another possibility would be to use clay as a temporary spacer around the figure. A picture of the figure and the pulls you are attempting would be helpful if you've not already worked a solution.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vacuum forming action figures HELP!

Vacuum mold the original part. Then fill that mold with plaster and use it as your mold. The spacing will be the thickness of the material used on the first mold.