Need Help! Water Heater Tank preparations??

Thread: Water Heater Tank preparations??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Water Heater Tank preparations??

So I got a 40 gallon water heater, stripped it, and flushed it out. My question is do I need to do anything special to it before I seal it up and use it as a tank for my vacuum forming machine?

Does it matter if there is some water left in it?

Does the sediment left over matter?

I do plan to use an air filter between the tank and the pump to prevent stuff from being pulled into the pump.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll try to help

"So I got a 40 gallon water heater, stripped it, and flushed it out. My question is do I need to do anything special to it before I seal it up and use it as a tank for my vacuum forming machine? "

yes get all the sediment out if you can. put in a chain or something to have in bang around on the inside to clean out the gunk(I strapped mine to a cement mixed drum and let it do the turning, plus it was awful loud while I was cleaning mine out). I did that and then poured in a quart of enamel paint and rotated it to cover all surfaces to lock down the gunk that the chain and gravel didn't knock out (again using the cement mixer to rotate the tank, this time I plugged the holes and just let it rotate for a while to coat the tank on the inside..

Does it matter if there is some water left in it?
    YEP

Does the sediment left over matter?
    yes it can migrate to the vacuum pump and ruin it

I do plan to use an air filter between the tank and the pump to prevent stuff from being pulled into the pump.
    you'll have to use a n 80 micron or so filter to catch the little stuff that you couldn't get out of the tank and junk from the mold and platen