DB25 Parallel Connection to USB on Breakout board for CNC Router

Thread: DB25 Parallel Connection to USB on Breakout board for CNC Router

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question DB25 Parallel Connection to USB on Breakout board for CNC Router

So most of your breakout boards have either the DB25 parallel port by itself or with an optical coupler. Now my question is since the breakout board needs a parallel connection from the board to the computer can you use a converter that switches the DB25 to USB and still have the same functionality as if it was DB25 to DB25? or would it be beneficial to get an adruino board and make my own self contained system with a monitor for programming the CNC Router? If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Wes

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DB25 Parallel Connection to USB on Breakout board for CNC Router

Quote Originally Posted by robertsonwf View Post
    So most of your breakout boards have either the DB25 parallel port by itself or with an optical coupler. Now my question is since the breakout board needs a parallel connection from the board to the computer can you use a converter that switches the DB25 to USB and still have the same functionality as if it was DB25 to DB25?

Answer: No

or would it be beneficial to get an adruino board and make my own self contained system with a monitor for programming the CNC Router? If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Answer:

See this thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-software.html

Wes

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jeff for the info! Now with that being said, do you have any recommendations for a good breakout board? I have come across a few that range from 3 axis to 6 axis but from overseas and being new to this I am definitely confused lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: DB25 Parallel Connection to USB on Breakout board for CNC Router

Robertsonwf,

CNC4PC makes a inexpensive ($28.00), buffered, very reliable, up to six (6) axis parallel port breakout board.

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...ional-breakout

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/C10R10_USER_MANUAL_V2.pdf

If your P.C. does not have a parallel port Siig has the extremely compatible DP CyberParallel PCI model.

CyberParallel | eBay

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff or anyone else that would like to chime in on this,

So since I don't want to use my laptop or a desktop, I thought of building my own computer for the CNC Router in which the motherboard has a parallel port on it to accommodate that issue. Now with this being said do you think this would be and ideal view to solve my problem? to give you a full visual, I would buy all the internals for a computer but use it strictly for my CNC Router and have everything housed inside a custom case and have a small monitor for the programs and such so instead of using a desktop or laptop, its more portable in my mind plus depending on the setup of the system, you can house all of the routing plans and if need be code right there!

Now another question that I have is that after getting my Stepper Motors, Breakout Board ( that you listed or one similar), Drivers and Power Supply, can you think of anything else that I would need electronics wise? I will try and answer this tonight if you reply or if anyone else does but if anything I will do it after work tomorrow. Thanks thus far for all the info being sent my way.

V/R,

Wes

Downloads
    Uploads

Wes,

Check your P.M. mailbox.

Jeff...