Communication ports setting on LapTop with Windows8

Thread: Communication ports setting on LapTop with Windows8

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Communication ports setting on LapTop with Windows8

Hi, guys, I've used a laptop with windows XP sending/receiving programs to/from CNC machines without problems. But after the old laptop dead, the new laptops you purchased have no 9-pin or 25-pin communication ports, you only can try the USBs. OK, I made an USB-Serial port adapter that working fine in Windows XP laptop but
    has troubles in my HP laptop with Windows 8.1. First there is no "Ports (Com & LPT)" show on "Device Manager", I got helps from Google to make Port showed up and has --Communication Port (Com4) shows too, but when I using my software CIMCO v5 to setup the Port, monitor always show " No Communication Port " found! Under port there are no "Com1...Com2....Com4....." show.
    So the question is, How to have USB-Serial port show up in setting page in newer laptop with Windows8 even Window10?
    Notes: 1. When I setup communication ports, I connected the USB adaptor to CNC machine;
    2. When the laptop with Win8 and CIMCO v5 won't show ComX, I switched the cable to old laptop with WinXP and CIMCO v5, down/up load programs with CNC OK.
    3. Installed the USB-Serial port cable's Drive already before setup com ports.

Anyone has experiences on this issue please help.
    Thank you.