[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.

Thread: [CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default [CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.

Hi all,

I'm in need of a few sets of double claw clamps. For those of you not familiar with these clamps, they consist of two jaws (upper and lower) held together buy a through-bolt and nut. They're designed to clamp two flanges together along the edge. I have attached a few images to help you visualize this style of clamp.

[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-33-a[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-34-a[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-34-a[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-34-a[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-34-a[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-screen-shot-2017-11-01-1-35-a

I have two 304 stainless steel flanges that I wish to clamp together. Ordinarily I'd buy several of these double claw clamps for about $5/ea and I'd be good to go. The challenge this time is that my two flanges are of different diameters. One is about 240mm DIA and the other is about 264mm DIA. So I need a special set of double claw clamps to do the job.

Materials:
    I'd like these to be made from 304/316 SS. However, I'm open to using aluminum instead if it'll cut costs.
    Finish:
    I'm not looking for these to be mirror finished parts. At the end of the day, as long as there are no sharp edges I'll be happy.
    Dimensions:
    I can provide the exact dimensions but they'll be about 20mm wide, 25mm deep and maybe 60mm tall, fully assembled.

Would love to get some quotes for 6 pairs. I'd supply my own bolts, washers and nuts.

Kind regards,

Joe

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by josephmartins; 11-02-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.

you need to draw what you actually want with actual dimensions and they wont be $5 each either

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

^Pretty much this.

OP: Do you have budget for this project?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I get that they won't be $5, LSM. Those are mass-produced clamps.

I have no idea what the budget would need to be. I'm here to ask for quotes to find out what sort of cost is involved. Then I can decide if I want to move forward here, or find an alternative way to fasten the flanges together.

Below are the dimensions of the two parts. Prefer 304/316SS, but open to using aluminum. Looking for 6-12 pairs (Part A and B are one pair). Those 10mm holes are smooth bores.

I should mention that because the flanges are part of a vacuum chamber and not a pressure pot, there's no outward pressure/stress on these clamps. The clamps' sole function is to snugly sandwich a gasket between the flanges and maintain that seal under vacuum. At 29.9+" Hg the top flange will be under inward pressure of about 14.7 psi. But the clamps themselves will never be fastened more than finger tight.

[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-20171102_003105-jpg[CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-20171102_003113-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-20171102_003113-jpg   [CLOSED, AWARDED] RFQ: double claw clamp - small project just a half dozen pairs.-20171102_003105-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I can process this item. It's cheap
    Please contact kon@cncmachining.cc

Over 15 year in cnc machining parts business.CNC Turning, Milling, Drilling, Planning, Grinding, Welding ./www.plusminusthree.com Email?kon@plusminusthree.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by konwey View Post
    I can process this item. It's cheap
    Please contact kon@cncmachining.cc
    No kidding...you're down in Dongguan? Crazy. Do you know the owners of Dongguan Saida Glass Co., Ltd.? They make my borosilicate glass. I sent you an email.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This RFQ is now awarded and closed. Thank you all for your input and estimates.