Need Help! Having issues with cut depths on toolpaths

Thread: Having issues with cut depths on toolpaths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Having issues with cut depths on toolpaths

I bought a Laguna Smartshop II to cut out doors for my shop. We are running into the problem right now where when we cut out Squared Raised Panel doors that the depths on some of the cuts are different. I have all the depths in the program the exact same, they are set at 5/16. We run our bead cutter twice with the second pass being a 3/16 inward of the first pass. The first pass will be fine but when the second pass comes through its about a 1/32 deeper or more than the first pass. Is there someone that may be having this same issue that has figured out a solution that could help me figure out what is wrong or maybe someone already knows what is wrong with something that I'm doing. I attached a picture of what is going on to give you guys a visual of what is actually going on.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having issues with cut depths on toolpaths-img_0053-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Having issues with cut depths on toolpaths

If the depths are consistent, my guess would be that it has to do with setting Z zero for the different tools maybe?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well its the same tool though just a different tool path. it doesnt do it for all the doors though, just some.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had something similar happen on my benchtop machine. I'll zero out the end mill and watch the DRO as it makes a finishing profile pass at z=0, but it's cutting into the spoilboard by .125 or so.
    I ripped my hair out and then started tightening the collet even harder and it seemed to go away. I wonder if up cutting spirals will tend to pull the mill down from the collet?