New Machine Build X axis input by vision system

Thread: X axis input by vision system

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default X axis input by vision system

Hi, i'm workin on 2 axis cnc for mass production with auto-load by PLC.
    I'm extracting G code for the 2D shape, but on this machine will be always different start (zero) point on X axis based on machine vision, while Y is always the same.
    The problem is, how to load X position into G code from the machine vision? By the way, machine vision will do some image processing for avoiding defect on material that i'm going to cut, so that's the reason for different X point.
    I'm just startin solving this so i'm not sure wich machine vision is the best solution for this, maybe neural network?
    Anyway, if you know some examples or have idea how to integrate machine vision of any type who could control one axis on CNC please tell me something about it.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X axis input by vision system

You might want to look at Cenon. They have a vision system integrated with CNC. Cenon CAM - Manufacturing with Style

Tubular latex pressure vessel configuration engineer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X axis input by vision system

Once you are able to recognize the location of the defect, with position data taken from the DRO, then you can apply a G54 offset in the G-code to set the start position, that's the simple part. The trick is to define what is a defect so that the vision system will recognize it as such. Cognex makes ''trainable'' camera systems, as does a few other vision system manufacturers. Depending on what your raw material is, this can be a real PITA. For instance, if you are working with hardwoods, there are a few defects that are very difficult for a camera to see. It really depends on the material and the type of defect you are looking for. End cracks are the worst, where do they end?

If you want to give a bit more information about your proposed process, I might be able to help a bit. I have about 25 years experience in this field.