Need Help! How to create mix programs from command line?

Thread: How to create mix programs from command line?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to create mix programs from command line?

Hi community,

Is it possible to create a .mix file using the command line? The only way to create them that I know now is to open Xilog Plus, and create one from inside the software. It would be nice if there was a way to automate the task of combining multiple pgm files into one mix file.

There is a command to convert .xxl into .pgm like (Winxiso.exe filename.xxl -s will result in a filename.pgm) and I am looking for something similar to create a .mix file, or if the possibility even exist.

Regards,

Bruno

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to create mix programs from command line?

You do know that you can add all the files to your .mix at one time, right.
    I go to Xilog, then New > .mix file.
    Then, under the tools menu, I think it's "List of Files" or something like that.
    Select the last file, then Shift-Select the first, and all the files are added at once.
    This only takes about 10-15 seconds.

I then use Find and Replace to change the BZ value.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Service SCM BR

As Mr ger21 said is so easy to create a program mix that I think you are wanting to complicate something that is simple.
    For just as you have .pgm files to create program mix with several of them inside.

Boa sorte/Good Luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your answers guys.

Yes we know how to create them from Xilog. And I understand it is not really complicated. But it is an extra step that each of our machine operators have to do every time and we want to optimise that part. And it is also a step where mistakes can be made if not all the programs or a wrong program is selected. Mistakes costs money and time. Why not be able to have them created programmatically where you know every time they are right?

We also have microvellum, and that software is somehow able to create them programmatically so I guess there should be a way somehow. I am just trying to find it!

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Service SCM BR View Post
    As Mr ger21 said is so easy to create a program mix that I think you are wanting to complicate something that is simple.
    For just as you have .pgm files to create program mix with several of them inside.

Boa sorte/Good Luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

I found the answer I was looking for. I asked our contact at SCM and he just replied. I tried it and it works perfectly.

All you need to do is to create a text version of the .mix with all the lines you would see inside Xilog when you open a real .mix. Then you run Winxiso.exe filename.mix –s (-s is only to specify to do it silently). And it will convert the text version of the .mix into a compiled, readable that Xilog can open. Winxiso.exe can be found in the bin folder of Xilog installation folder.

Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoFoliot View Post
    Hi community,

Is it possible to create a .mix file using the command line? The only way to create them that I know now is to open Xilog Plus, and create one from inside the software. It would be nice if there was a way to automate the task of combining multiple pgm files into one mix file.

There is a command to convert .xxl into .pgm like (Winxiso.exe filename.xxl -s will result in a filename.pgm) and I am looking for something similar to create a .mix file, or if the possibility even exist.

Regards,

Bruno