Need Help! How to get back exact coord position after tool change if you MOVED router head !!!!

Thread: How to get back exact coord position after tool change if you MOVED router head !!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to get back exact coord position after tool change if you MOVED router head !!!!

Dear all,
    Just completed rough cut for 3.5 hours and needed to change tool bit.
    Brought motor to front -Y axis, +Z axis to get headroom to change tool bit, then my square head without thinking went and X,Y set to zeroed
    Don't know what happened to me, just plain stupidity, I can just simple load file for finishing Gcode and start running.

Now I will lost my whole evening works!!
    I tried my best to get back aligned:
    Set motor to approximate home position and Zeroed X,Y and Z.
    Then run a few lines of roughing cut, stopped and compared Gcode XYZ value and Mach3 DRO value, then adjust the differences on X Y and Z.

Well, it didn't turn out as I hoped, For X Y seems close enough but Z was wrong, in short I ruined the my very first project of lovely Chinese dragon.

Just curious, is there anyone with this sort of experience?

Thanks and brgds
    Win

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to get back exact coord position after tool change if you MOVED router head !

I always home first then write down my coordinates before I zero the starting x and y position

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to get back exact coord position after tool change if you MOVED router head !

Hi minichopper6hp,
    Thanks, after that mistake, I did carved a few more cuttings.
    As long as I don't zero X and Y , its no problem, same project rough/finish/cut-out files will always correct.
    For Z, its easy to adjust back to zero starting height.
    Thanks and brgds
    Win