Newbie New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?

Thread: New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?

Hi folks.

A great condition Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill followed me home. I am really pumped to have it in my garage. It was under power when I checked it out and I can't wait to make some chips with it. Except, I can't figure out how to wire it.

It was wired with a 240 Volt plug. Single phase. My understanding from research is that this particular mill can be connected to 120 Volt OR 240 Volt.

My mill has the YL90L-4 motor and a LW5-16 drum style switch.

It didn't come with the manual so I got a new one from Grizzly. Except, it doesn't go over wiring it 120 Volt.

I tried calling Grizzly tech support but the advice I got doesn't make sense to me. I've had electricians come take a look at it and they can't decipher it either.

Grizzly tech support told me U1 -> T1+T3, U2 -> T2+T4 (I think he should have said V2), Z2 -> T5, and V1 -> T8. And I didn't understand how to connect 120 volt to the drum switch, black/white/ground.
    New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?-20180102_213022-jpg
    New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?-20180104_205014-jpg

The motor seems to be connected as such, Z1 black wire, V2 blue wire, U1 red wire, and there is a jumper from V1 to U2 to Z2.

New to me Grizzly G6760/X6320A mill. Can't figure how to wire it. Help?-20180102_213949-jpg

The switch is connected as such
    T12 - nothing
    T8 and T4 have a black jumper
    T4 and T2 have a black jumper (T2 is connected to the motor by blue V2)
    T10 and T6 have a black jumper (T6 is connected to the motor by red U1)
    T9 and T11 have a black jumper (T9 is connected to a red lead from the 240 plug, labeled U)
    T7 and T5 have a black jumper (T5 is connected to the motor by black Z1)
    T3 and T1 have a black jumper (T1 is connected to the black lead from the 240 plug, labeled V)

I'm under the impression that wiring it with 120 volt 20 amp outlet is just a matter of changing the jumpers around on the switch and inside the motor, but yeah, no one seems to understand it clearly. I need some hand holding. I really don't want to let the smoke out.

Worse case scenario, I have 240 volt power in my garage already (for a Haas TL-2), and I'll have to add another 240 outlet to that circuit, but I don't know if I have proper wire gage to handle increased amps.

So I'm hoping/praying that someone out there in the zone has done this before or knows of someone who has.