Fagor 8025T Gang Type CNC Lathe,Spindle VFD Retrofit.

Thread: Fagor 8025T Gang Type CNC Lathe,Spindle VFD Retrofit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fagor 8025T Gang Type CNC Lathe,Spindle VFD Retrofit.

We just got a CNC Lathe Gang Type with Fagor 8025T control.
    The machine requires 440v 3 phase. My plan was to set it up on one phase power 220v, adding a VFD.
    I opened this thread because I searched a lot of info on here and the other forums. I did not found much what I needed.
    I will post all the information about my progress to make this CNC Lathe work. Its a fine piece of machinery.
    The lathe is functional with control powering up and there are many programs from previous owner.
    I can home, jog the x and z axis also after setting up the VFD, I can start the spindle with M3,M4 command from the controller.
    We made a coolant tank with a 115v motor pump from KBC Tools connected in the cabinet and I can use M8 and M9 and its working.
    Also I made a small program to run for x axis. It will run back and forth with no issues.
    N10 G00 G90 X1.0
    N20 X-1
    N30 G25 N10

Fagor 8025T Gang Type CNC Lathe,Spindle VFD Retrofit.-22-jpg

Now I can post the problems I have so far.

1-I can not get the tachometer on screen to read the spindle RPM. When I input S500 M3 the spindle starts but always at the maximum speed (which is set for 3500 RPM).I checked
    the spindle encoder, analog 0-10v connected on VFD...looks ok.(I know I am missing something).
    2-I have a following error on z axis (about 0.025" to 0.0057") which make the z axis inoperable. I can home, jog but when I run a program with z , the controller just sit in there looking for the position.I don't want to touch the z servo pots for gain yet. Could be from the parameters or something else????.
    3-this will be a little ahead of the game but will be nice to fix the treading (encoder on the spindle),also to make work M19 and Indexing if possible.
    I am a CAD/CAM educated with millwright skills, but here looks like I am stuck, so a little help will be welcome from you guys....I will really appreciated it.
    Peter