Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)

OK, from the last time I got the enclosure base mounted, welded, and sealed with sikaflex 1A, using regular sink drains for the coolant.

Sitting down and ordering all my one shot oiling fittings and tubing so I can get that run and routed when I put the saddle and table back on.

The enclosure base is 1/2 plate AL and the sides are welded on both sides and sealed with sikaflex 1A. Drains at the front so I can clean them easier.

Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0427-jpg

Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0430-jpg

Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0429-jpg

Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0428-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0427-jpg   Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0430-jpg   Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0429-jpg   Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)-dscf0428-jpg  

Default Re: Precision Matthews PM-940M (and it begins)

Quote Originally Posted by wrastu View Post
    OK, from the last time I got the enclosure base mounted, welded, and sealed with sikaflex 1A, using regular sink drains for the coolant.

Sitting down and ordering all my one shot oiling fittings and tubing so I can get that run and routed when I put the saddle and table back on.

The enclosure base is 1/2 plate AL and the sides are welded on both sides and sealed with sikaflex 1A. Drains at the front so I can clean them easier.
    I have to admit, I didn't get how you was going to incorporate the platform that you built into your build, but now you have started building the chip pan it really ties everything together, and now I can fully see your thoughts about the mill stand not being wide enough.

I actually had ideas to fill the mill stand with epoxy granite or just regular concrete when I get my mill, but after seeing your build it may be best to build a platform like you did then sit the mill on top of it, perhaps even still filling the base for extra weight.

Looking forward to more updates on your build.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123