Looking for assistance on troubleshooting a Peddinghaus Drill Line Machine

Thread: Looking for assistance on troubleshooting a Peddinghaus Drill Line Machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for assistance on troubleshooting a Peddinghaus Drill Line Machine

I have a client with a Peddinghaus Drill Line machine that is acting poorly. I was called in to look at and replace (as requested) a connector that they believed had been damaged.
    We are now in a replace/swap components to see if something will fix that issue.
    The Drill Line is set up with a drill program and begins its paces as one would hope, however after the second or third hole is completed it moves and positions itself for the next hole ; the chuck proceeds towards the beam as expected and then does a hesitation/ jerking movement back and forth stops and then proceeds to the next hole where this issue either happens again or by chance the hole gets drilled successfully.
    I have checked the servo motors and according to the client they weer sent back to the manufacture and tested to be "OKeee Doh-kee". It was suggested that the oil was contaminated but the issue is intermittent; if the oil was contaminated it would always happen I think.
    Could this be a PLC issue? Is there a problem with the operators' control unit?
    Has anyone else had similar issue with this piece of equipment?
    I am very appreciative to any assistance anyone might have to assist me.
    Many thanks in advance
    Datajockey

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for assistance on troubleshooting a Peddinghaus Drill Line Machine

Sounds like an electrical problem. Bad cable maybe?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for assistance on troubleshooting a Peddinghaus Drill Line Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Sounds like an electrical problem. Bad cable maybe?
    I was thinking that it could be the PLC's, specifically the last two units (modules 4 and 5)
    Datajockey

Downloads
    Uploads

May be that also. Maybe watch for flickering on the output LEDs. Or just swap come modules around.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Datajockey

We have a Ocean Avenger drill line built by peddinghaus we are having a similar issue did you ever solve this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsh89o37ak..._6250.MOV?dl=0 Here a link to a video of what ours is doing
    Its just set to mark but if we were to try and drill the holes when the drill is moving slow it just stall and doesn't drill the hole