Problem with SAUTER turret

Thread: Problem with SAUTER turret

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with SAUTER turret

hello,

got a problem with my emco lathe. There is Sauter 0.5.480.510 turret on it. Problem is that in right direction turret rotates with no errors but when tool changing and turret rotates to left direction i get error and it doesnt locks in position. It stops in position that it should but it seems that it doesnt locks in this position and i can turn it with hand after it. Maybe somebody had problems like that and could help me?

Similar Threads:

vfsi

Default Re: Problem with SAUTER turret

I had problems with my Sauter 0.5.480.316 turret not locking into position. Mine was intermittent for a long time before it failed completely. I removed the back cover and replaced the prox sensor that sends the" in position" signal. That cured my issues.

The job will take about 2 hours if you have never removed the cover before. Just make sure you have the prox senor protruding the correct distance. Too little and you can try again. Too much and you can try a new prox sensor. I changed the oil in the turret while I had the cover off. It needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vfsi View Post
    I had problems with my Sauter 0.5.480.316 turret not locking into position. Mine was intermittent for a long time before it failed completely. I removed the back cover and replaced the prox sensor that sends the" in position" signal. That cured my issues.

The job will take about 2 hours if you have never removed the cover before. Just make sure you have the prox senor protruding the correct distance. Too little and you can try again. Too much and you can try a new prox sensor. I changed the oil in the turret while I had the cover off. It needed it.
    How did you know that it was proximity sensor problem? Do you checked it?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G925F Tapatalk 4 Lt

vfsi

Yes I did remove the sensor and checked it. I did this several times but it tested good then would fail to index intermittently. After a year of this issue, it failed to index at all. At that time the sensor tested bad and I replaced it. My problems went away. The oil change made it sound much better. Sounds like it has a more positive engagement.