Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes

Thread: Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes

Hey all,
    We have an older 1996 Yang ML-25A with a 12 tool turret. I have never had to realign this turret before and since I have started using this machine here in the shop, I've noticed the drills were out of line with the spindle. It's probably been crashed prior to me using it but I got in there and tried to align it. I believe its a whopping 50 thou off center. I loosened the 8 large M12 bolts and tried to turn it with no luck at all even with the hydralics disabled. The two alignment pins are still inside the turret and I tried using a dowel pin puller with no luck at all. I tried removing the other bolts that go into the conic coupler and also didn't manage to make anything move. There are two low profile bolts in the face of the turret as well that I could not get out even with a breaker bar, rounded off a decent sized allen wrench trying to get those out. I can get the turret to move about 1/16" forward but thats it. I have a parts manual for the machine but the drawings arent very detailed. It almost appears in those that the shaft on the turret is stepped up bigger behind the turret body and won't allow me to remove it without removing the whole tool changer and disassembling it completely.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer125 View Post
    Hey all,
    We have an older 1996 Yang ML-25A with a 12 tool turret. I have never had to realign this turret before and since I have started using this machine here in the shop, I've noticed the drills were out of line with the spindle. It's probably been crashed prior to me using it but I got in there and tried to align it. I believe its a whopping 50 thou off center. I loosened the 8 large M12 bolts and tried to turn it with no luck at all even with the hydralics disabled. The two alignment pins are still inside the turret and I tried using a dowel pin puller with no luck at all. I tried removing the other bolts that go into the conic coupler and also didn't manage to make anything move. There are two low profile bolts in the face of the turret as well that I could not get out even with a breaker bar, rounded off a decent sized allen wrench trying to get those out. I can get the turret to move about 1/16" forward but thats it. I have a parts manual for the machine but the drawings arent very detailed. It almost appears in those that the shaft on the turret is stepped up bigger behind the turret body and won't allow me to remove it without removing the whole tool changer and disassembling it completely.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    I have attached pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-20171010_120518-jpg   Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-20171010_120643-jpg   Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-20171010_120501-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes

as far as i know you have to loose the other M8 screws on the outer diameter,the M12 are for fixing the turret to the shaft so is no use.
    the curving coupling is hold by the other screws togheter with the 2 bigger pins.
    for manage to rotate the turret after loosing the screws you have to put the pins out.
    if you can not put the pins out you have to dismount the turret because the pins are damaged,is like the back section of the pin is moved from the center on a crash so from that hole you will never succed to extract it.Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-pin-jpg
    so you need to take off the tools holder disk by removing the M12 screws,hold it with a crane and pull it out.
    after you remove it check the pins from the internal coupling too,must be damaged also so you can not aligned untill you check these too .
    Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-pin-2-jpg
    after you finish,put back the turret,tighten the M12 screws and insert the pins from the shaft and try to align the turret without the others pins inserted.
    after you put the turret in 0 you need to use a conical reamer to remake the holes for the pins with the new position of the turret because i am sure the hole from disk turret and the curving coupling will not match so you need to do it.
    hopei was clear enough and i can support you till the end to finish your turret so just whistle you need a hand .

Downloads
    Uploads

I can get the turret to move forward on the pins but I cannot get it off completely. I have yet to figure out what these two bolts go into. I cannot get them loose.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-20171011_062811-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I can get the turret to move forward on the pins but I cannot get it off completely. I have yet to figure out what these two bolts go into. I cannot get them loose.
    I stripped one of these many years ago to change the seals and if my memory serves me correct they are not bolts, I think they are taper alignment dowels and they too may have become dog legged. Normally just turning them (either direction) will free them off. You may end up having to drill them out. Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

if you want to take off the turret let that pins in place,you do not want to take off them now,later.
    just unscrew the M12 screws from the shaft and take out the other 2 small pins and extract the turret and after check from the back of the turret why that pins are not getting out
    i attacked another drawing for your reference.
    Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-pin-3-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bdrangdo View Post
    I stripped one of these many years ago to change the seals and if my memory serves me correct they are not bolts, I think they are taper alignment dowels and they too may have become dog legged. Normally just turning them (either direction) will free them off. You may end up having to drill them out. Good luck
    You are correct that they are not bolts. They are a cam pin. I feel stupid that I stripped the bugger out. I rotated them opposite and they loosened up and slid right out. Mind boggling how easy they came out when you turned them like a left handed screw. Turret still won't budge though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yang ML-25A Turret misalignment woes-20171012_021807-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You are correct that they are not bolts. They are a cam pin. I feel stupid that I stripped the bugger out. I rotated them opposite and they loosened up and slid right out. Mind boggling how easy they came out when you turned them like a left handed screw. Turret still won't budge though.
    Hi
    did you ever get this stripped and sorted? I have the same problem right now but can't get anything to move.

Andy