Sorry if this is the wrong sub forum, new here.
I picked up this 13X17 , table size, New England XY table off of craigslist. This thing is super heavy and all aluminim. It came with a z axis that is stationary that bolts down to a table/workbench with a precise super 65 spindle motor. I thought I might be able to use a couple parts on my cnc router table build. Turns out the z axis only moves 4" but is amazingly sturdy for the size. I was checking out the table and it looks like I could cannabalize it to make a pretty nice 9" or 12" z axis. The motors on it are servo so i have no real use for them. It came with a DPS 2000 which has to be the computer part of it that is 25-30 years old that has a camera that attaches to it. So i guess my questions are this. What is something like that used for? Should I cannabalize it or is it something somebody else might use, or are they still used at all now? And what is the collets used on a precise super 65? It came with a 1/8 collet but would also like to have 1/4. Or should that be gotten rid of it too? I was going to use an actual router but this thing is so much more precise feeling. Sounds good under power. Thanks for any help given.