Okada VM500 - Anyone have one? Looking for Hydraulic Balance Pressure

Thread: Okada VM500 - Anyone have one? Looking for Hydraulic Balance Pressure

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okada VM500 - Anyone have one? Looking for Hydraulic Balance Pressure

Hi; I have an Okada VM500 VMC. I'm retrofitting with LinuxCNC and all new electronics. It's been a good project to learn about how it all works. It's going great but I have a question about the Hydraulic Balance Pressure.

The machine worked great with the Fanuc6MB electronics, fast and fine. However, when I tested the Z motor with the new system, it only wants to move a tiny amount. Could be PID settings but it doesn't seem right. Wondering if the boost pressure is too low, it's like 100 PSI which seems low for a head that must weigh close to 1,000 pounds.

Does anyone have one of these machines? Can you look in the back and see what pressure the upper guage is showing? See picture. Lower guage is main hydraulic pump pressure, upper guage is the hydraulic balance pressure.

Thanks!