Hello all!

I'm a beginner tool maker/machine maintenance technician at a manufacturing plant where I have a couple fun machines at my disposal. One of which is a Hermle UWF 1000 with a TNC 151 P controller.

Unfortunately, not long after I was able to figure out how to actually write a program on the TNC 151, we had a bad power outage that took out power to the machine and damaged the controller, forcing us to replace it with an identical one from a Bridgeport Interact.

I know parameters and PLC codes will likely have to be rewritten, but I'm having trouble with the Z-axis limit switch. The Z axis is currently sitting on the hard switch and I'm unable to move it off of it.

When I start the machine, I try to go through the normal:

Power Interrupted -> Clear -> Missing Relay Voltage -> Power,

but pressing power does nothing because it's obviously on the limit switch. I try holding the red S2 override switch in the cabinet and I'm able to power it up past that point, but then I get taken to the reference marks prompts and it wants me to move to the Z reference mark, but I can't because it's on the limit. I tried using the hand wheel to move the axis but can't. As soon as I let go of the override switch, the e-stop kicks in and I'm back to nothing.

Is there any way I can actually force the Z axis up and off the limit switch in order to actually get the machine to stay running? I read a haggard way of a guy using two car batteries to manually supply 24V power to his axis motor to move it, but I'm trying to avoid being that sketchy. Others using a Bridgeport Interact Series I/II have talked about taking a cover off and manually moving a belt to move the motor. Is something like this possible here?

Thank you all!