Problem Anilam 3300MK Program Too Long, Cannot Copy Error?

Thread: Anilam 3300MK Program Too Long, Cannot Copy Error?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anilam 3300MK Program Too Long, Cannot Copy Error?

Does anyone know if there is a program length (# of blocks) maximum or a time out length when copying a program from a floppy to the machines C drive? The program is 129KB and nearly 4,000 blocks long and there is plenty of free space in the controller for this program.

I have an ACER 3-axis CNC mill with Anilam 3300MK controls. I have a program (129KB) that is nearly 4,000 lines (blocks) of code that I need to copy from a floppy to the machine. When I try to copy it the machine copies 1,903 blocks of code then throws the following error: "error, program not copied". I can edit the program from the machine adding additions lines making the program longer than 1,903 blocks without issue. I can take the same program, break it up into 3 separate programs and it will transfer from the floppy to the machine just fine, but I cannot combine the three together once they are transferred to the machines C drive.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anilam 3300MK Program Too Long, Cannot Copy Error?

Quote Originally Posted by c85r86 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a program length (# of blocks) maximum or a time out length when copying a program from a floppy to the machines C drive? The program is 129KB and nearly 4,000 blocks long and there is plenty of free space in the controller for this program.

I have an ACER 3-axis CNC mill with Anilam 3300MK controls. I have a program (129KB) that is nearly 4,000 lines (blocks) of code that I need to copy from a floppy to the machine. When I try to copy it the machine copies 1,903 blocks of code then throws the following error: "error, program not copied". I can edit the program from the machine adding additions lines making the program longer than 1,903 blocks without issue. I can take the same program, break it up into 3 separate programs and it will transfer from the floppy to the machine just fine, but I cannot combine the three together once they are transferred to the machines C drive.
    That doesn't make much sense - 4000 lines of code is nothing. Have you tried using a different disk?

I have an Anilam S1100 (albeit now upgraded to a 533Mhz CPU with 64MB of Ram and 64MB SSD) that even with the original 386-33 w/2MB of Ram and 1MB flash disk would run more than 10000 lines of code (granted it took forever to load).

Are you copying from an actual floppy or a USB Floppy emulator? Go to Ebay and find the emulator and disk read errors no longer exist :-P