Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 15

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

A little more done on the wiring, maybe a bit more this evening and hopefully alot more tomorrow and Sunday!! Slowly but surely!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Electrical stuff will nickel and dime you every time. A 25hp rotophase should be good. I’m running a 20hp motor with an American Rotary panel on my VF2. What’s does your incoming voltage measure at? Mine is up around 250V per leg. My third leg will measure around 270volts not under load. Your 6ga wire will be fine. With everything under a normal load my first two legs measure 250V and the third leg (wild leg) will measure between 260 and 265V. My Haas has a transformer built in which has taps for various incoming power ranging from 200v to 250v three phase. I think the spec calls for +/- 10% voltage. Maybe it’s 5%. I have never had a problem with power. We do have some sensitive 3 phase equipment like 3000w RF generators that will give a high line voltage. We wind up needing dedicated transformer to get the incoming voltages in range for that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
    Electrical stuff will nickel and dime you every time. A 25hp rotophase should be good. I’m running a 20hp motor with an American Rotary panel on my VF2. What’s does your incoming voltage measure at? Mine is up around 250V per leg. My third leg will measure around 270volts not under load. Your 6ga wire will be fine. With everything under a normal load my first two legs measure 250V and the third leg (wild leg) will measure between 260 and 265V. My Haas has a transformer built in which has taps for various incoming power ranging from 200v to 250v three phase. I think the spec calls for +/- 10% voltage. Maybe it’s 5%. I have never had a problem with power. We do have some sensitive 3 phase equipment like 3000w RF generators that will give a high line voltage. We wind up needing dedicated transformer to get the incoming voltages in range for that stuff.

Not sure, o haven't checked it.. guess I probably should before throwing the switch..

I didn't get anything done like I hoped this weekend, had a bunch of honey do's pop up for my in-laws visit in two weeks... Hoped I'd get it all done early enough but not enough time and now I'm exhausted.. Gonna relax what's left of the day and take tomorrow to work on finishing the wiring.

I will get a test of the incoming voltage on the single phase panel. And report it back!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all who are following the thread,

Here is some progress from yesterday evening and a special bonus video treat from Clint who has gotten his ATC moving around a bit! I am playing catch up to Clint in just getting power to the machine.. although he was lucky in not needing the rotary phase converter and having 3 phase power available direct to his shop!!

i have a few more connections to make in the panel and control cabinet and then can begin hooking up the RPC. after that its a matter of catching Clint on the wiring which we are both working out piece by piece.. with some luck these machines will be moving under Linuxcnc in the very near future and then probably the ATC functionality will follow, at least on my machine as i figure being able to manually change toold and cut parts for the moment will be helpful.. have a few projects i could really use the travels on this machine provides!!

Enjoy and more updates as they come in!

Best Regards,

Chris

Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!-panel-wire-supply-jpg

Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!-cabinet-wire-supply-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Getting closer one bite at a time!! The RPC frame is done except the tube end caps and filling with sand to reduce and vibration (if it has any, hope not)..

Have some wire ordered at Lowe's that will be here later this evening to make the last connections and then I'm ready to switch per on to the machine and do some electrical testing!!

Whoo hoo!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Wiring at cabinet is completed except for the ground lug... Waiting for my new hydraulic crimping tool due in tomorrow to handle the #6awg ring terminals (beefy pieces).. my normal ratcheting crimp tool could not handle the ring terminal bodies and I wanted to make sure my wiring connections we're solid for the machine... I will get some pictures of the new tool as well when it arrives tomorrow!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow! Progress looks great.

I'll be interested to see that crimping tool. I have a hard time with custom length motorcycle battery cables. Usually end up doing the vice trick. Hasn't failed me yet - but the proper tool always inspires more confidence.

Keep up the good work!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
    Wow! Progress looks great.

I'll be interested to see that crimping tool. I have a hard time with custom length motorcycle battery cables. Usually end up doing the vice trick. Hasn't failed me yet - but the proper tool always inspires more confidence.

Keep up the good work!
    Verdict is in on the crimping tool, it's awesome!!! I will do a short video on it, I needed to get the crimping done this afternoon and if I had anything remotely close to negative to o say it would be that it's awkward if you need to crimp a lead while in tight spaces.. but a majority of battery cable crimp I would imagine in decently open spaces.

I would recommend it for certain very impressed with the quality crimps it produced!

Chris

BETOOLL 10 Ton Hydraulic Wire Terminal Crimper Battery Cable Lug Crimping Tool With 9 Dies https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I31AX9U..._5Hf1zbZADKV8X

Thanks so much for the feedback. Looks like it would be worth the purchase. Appreciate the link.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
    Thanks so much for the feedback. Looks like it would be worth the purchase. Appreciate the link.
    No worries, yeah for the minor cost of such a tool it was a no brainer for me.. I can actually see myself making does for other prises as well, maybe for hole punching, making lap joints in sheet metal etc.. pretty handy tool!!

Will try and get some videos today!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update, I am working on wiring and developing a schematic still, slow going fairly boring so not much to pay up about. Clint and I have discovered that we received incorrect drives for or analog control. The company has sent pulse direction drives which has been extremely frustrating while trying to get movement with analog. We are in contact with Jennifer Guan who was our sales associate at Wenling Yuhai Electromechanical CO.,LTD*to get it resolved, and I will update the thread as to how that turns out along with further review of their company, product and service.

So until the next update which hopefully will be more exciting, lol

Thanks for checking in!!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post

Turbo442,

I measured voltage going into the mains switch at the cabinet and had the following readings, 246, 247, 250 and none of them seemed to bounce or move more that .2 to .3v. seems like a decently well balanced converter! I also took reading while I manually jogged the axis around and it didn't really move. There is no transformer inside mine for 3ph taps, but there is one for a 24v and 110v ac tap.

I have filters to install immediately before all of the drives still but have not installed them yet, was waiting to see what the final resolution for the incorrect drives was going to be before installing them to make sure everything will fit properly. More on that shortly in another post.

I am also wondering if I should install a line filter on the mains entering the cabinet. Or any other devices to help protect anything. To any of the electrical gurus out there, in all ears if you have suggestions!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Turbo442,

I measured voltage going into the mains switch at the cabinet and had the following readings, 246, 247, 250 and none of them seemed to bounce or move more that .2 to .3v. seems like a decently well balanced converter! I also took reading while I manually jogged the axis around and it didn't really move. There is no transformer inside mine for 3ph taps, but there is one for a 24v and 110v ac tap.

I have filters to install immediately before all of the drives still but have not installed them yet, was waiting to see what the final resolution for the incorrect drives was going to be before installing them to make sure everything will fit properly. More on that shortly in another post.

I am also wondering if I should install a line filter on the mains entering the cabinet. Or any other devices to help protect anything. To any of the electrical gurus out there, in all ears if you have suggestions!

Chris

Hey yeah those voltages seem great. Keep an eye on the third leg under load but you should be just fine there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Guys, I would like to link some videos from Clint on his machine under its first moves with Linuxcnc, I believe he has done a great job and it shows! this machine is zipping pretty nice at 700+ipm!! congrats to Clint!! I will hopefully be right behind you in getting mine moving now that we are commited to pulse position control instead of analog! Way to go Clint!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Guys, I would like to link some videos from Clint on his machine under its first moves with Linuxcnc, I believe he has done a great job and it shows! this machine is zipping pretty nice at 700+ipm!! congrats to Clint!! I will hopefully be right behind you in getting mine moving now that we are commited to pulse position control instead of analog! Way to go Clint!!

Well we are 17 months from the start and the machine just made its first moves. Will be interesting to see some actual work and how well it performs. That mill head casting is nothing to brag about- I would make myself a nice brass or aluminum nameplate to cover it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Norvil l View Post
    Well we are 17 months from the start and the machine just made its first moves. Will be interesting to see some actual work and how well it performs. That mill head casting is nothing to brag about- I would make myself a nice brass or aluminum nameplate to cover it.
    Norvil,

It's a project worked on when time is available and our smaller machines have been covering the work load in the interim. Sorry it's not meeting your timeline, but feel free to build your own in record time for bragging rights..lol

The head casting is exposed due to being worked on for setup and access to the home/limit switches, if you paid attention in earlier pictures you would have noticed there is a large cover like any other VMC has to clean up the appearance. Not sure if you have looked under the skirts of other machines but if you look at some of those castings they aren't pagent winners either. With the covers on the machine looks great in my opinion!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Norvil,

It's a project worked on when time is available and our smaller machines have been covering the work load in the interim. Sorry it's not meeting your timeline, but feel free to build your own in record time for bragging rights..lol

The head casting is exposed due to being worked on for setup and access to the home/limit switches, if you paid attention in earlier pictures you would have noticed there is a large cover like any other VMC has to clean up the appearance. Not sure if you have looked under the skirts of other machines but if you look at some of those castings they aren't pagent winners either. With the covers on the machine looks great in my opinion!

Chris

Nah- no bragging rights to be had - it's been done a lot of times before- some slower, some faster.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Norvil l View Post
    Nah- no bragging rights to be had - it's been done a lot of times before- some slower, some faster.
    What machine are you running currently? Were you interested in this type of machine? Or just stopping in for a look?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

17 months for hardware project is not a lot. It is in fact reasonable time, especially taking into consideration it is a side project.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'd talk with Fred Lee from the factory, their machines now are coming with Siemens 808D controller, fully assembled with servos and a 5.5kw Spindle, 15.8K shipped it's really not expensive... don't know if the controller is any good but since the machine without the controller and motors/drives (asked him if he sells the machine without the controller alone and if it's without the controller it won't have the motors/drives also, guess they buy the set of controller+motors+drives) is 12.6K I guess it's better buying it fully assembled and get rid of the controller alone (if the controller is bad...) and throw in a linuxcnc computer with mesa cards for 5-600 extra bucks....

I'm really looking forward to see this machine running!

I'm really struggling not to buy one also... I know it's a great price but it's a bit out of my budget right now!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast