Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 11

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by HrvojeL View Post
    Hello Chris,

what is your supplier contact for this machine?
    Fred from Runfa Machinery company,
    Quote Originally Posted by tbev View Post
    Hey Chris, You make any chips yet ? What are the rapid speeds on this thing?
    Not yet, had to sideline this project over the holiday season, back on it now, hope to have some progress updates shortly!
    Quote Originally Posted by sin_arms View Post
    Any updates on this? It's been an interesting project so far.
    See above! Just been crazy busy with work and holidays and a few other fun things that have consumed my time.

Should have some updates in the coming weeks!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Sweet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

congrats on 1k posts! hope to see updates soon

Downloads
    Uploads

Great thread

Any link to the machine supplier? Googled AIMACH but found nothing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link. I'm a mechanical designer and I'm thinking about opening a machine shop and hire skilled CNC-operators. It might be a crazy idea, but I'm living in Thailand and the salaries are quite low. I don't know much about CNC-machines (had a few manual machines 20 years ago though) so I'm following this thread with excitement as my idea is to buy a few CNC-milling and lathe machines from china but I'm worried about the quality of Chinese made machines and don't know what brand to buy. The tolerances of my parts are never tighter than 0,010mm, most of the time 0.050mm. but it would be good if the milling machine could make holes with H7-tolerance or better without any special tools.

If anyone can point me in right direction for more information, it would highly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update,. I am still moving along, albeit slowly currently mostly in research. I am strongly considering a switch to the MASSO controller and have begun a conversation with their support team regarding my build. I will update as more information becomes available!

Thanks again for your support!

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    I am strongly considering a switch to the MASSO controller and have begun a conversation with their support team regarding my build.
    Any reason why the possible switch to the MASSO controller? I looked at their website and saw some of those YouTube videos it does look like a good controller, still gives you the flexibility that you want and all. You just seemed so set on the Linux controller before, am wondering if you had installation issues or you just want something easier?

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update,. I am still moving along, albeit slowly currently mostly in research. I am strongly considering a switch to the MASSO controller and have begun a conversation with their support team regarding my build. I will update as more information becomes available!

Thanks again for your support!

Chris

Hello,
    Been following your build and see your looking at another controller. Have you checked out Dynomotion? I have built a couple mills with there boards and am retrofitting my old Hurco BMC20 with them.Support is great.
    They require a seperate PC but they are industry standard quality boards. The biggest plus to me is you can have a dual closed loop by using glass scales on the table/axis and trajectory planner is S curve.
    Not affiliated with them at all, just a happy customer.

Troy

www.tsjobshop.com, www.homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFastards View Post
    Any reason why the possible switch to the MASSO controller? I looked at their website and saw some of those YouTube videos it does look like a good controller, still gives you the flexibility that you want and all. You just seemed so set on the Linux controller before, am wondering if you had installation issues or you just want something easier?
    The person that was helping me (or that was going to help me when the time came) vanished, and I don't feel comfortable trying to tackle it myself being g so new to Linux and LinuxCNC. I do have another potential helper, but that is still in development.

The massive just appears to be very simple to setup and compact all in one. Believe me it isn't a decision on taking lightly as I purchased two computers (new), a 6i25/7i77 and 6i25/7i76 for both the lathe build and the Mill. So I'm at least $1k plus vested n the LinuxCNC Path. But if I have to sit and learn a new system from scratch it may be a year before I'm up and running and that is just too long. Hopefully the new helper can make heads or tales from it. If not I will have a go with masso, at least to get it up and running. If it has shortcomings I can't live without, I can always continue to learn Linux/pathpilot on the side and when I am comfortable switch, bit that is assuming masso won't handle the mill appropriately.

Never thought this stuff would be what slowed me down..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I think this can be done without learning so much about linuxcnc would you consider pathpilot or std linuxcnc ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    I think this can be done without learning so much about linuxcnc would you consider pathpilot or std linuxcnc ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
    I downloaded the LinuxCNC ISO last night and will be installing it today on the lathe build control cabinet since it is wired up for basic operation already. A friend is helping walk me through it who runs LinuxCNC on a standard parallel port. I have the 6i25/7i76 package in that control cabinet with closed loop steppers. We'll see if he can help get my learning curve up to speed on short order.

I much prefer pathpilot for is more feature rich user interface.. I currently have been using Mach3 with MachSTDMill which I absolutely love and PathPilot seems like a closer match with is conversational probing and milling features.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi i think if you got path pilot ( you need to buy it from torch ) then the change to your combo is quite easy the ATC Part is a little more difficult lets say but doable

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi i think if you got path pilot ( you need to buy it from torch ) then the change to your combo is quite easy the ATC Part is a little more difficult lets say but doable
    I have the pathpilot ISO already. Just not the knowledge in Linux to do what's necessary to get it running. Lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know pathpilot and now MASSO, were part of your original ideas for controlling this machine, but have you tried to look at anything more well known such as dynamotion or centroid? I realize that money will play a factor but for something such as centroid, and with you having built your own PC already, you may be just looking at purchasing their servo drive board which really isn't that much.

Just want to know your thoughts on something like centroid or dynamotion. I too am looking towards purchasing a Chinese CNC (mostly because of you) and am thinking of controlling it with centroid. For what you can get with a Chinese CNC and a control system like centroid, you can still save money and have a really good quality machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've only had great things about centroid, I spoke with their manager in Florida at length and he was totally cool, tons of info and more than happy to help me out with anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded the LinuxCNC ISO last night and will be installing it today on the lathe build control cabinet since it is wired up for basic operation already. A friend is helping walk me through it who runs LinuxCNC on a standard parallel port. I have the 6i25/7i76 package in that control cabinet with closed loop steppers. We'll see if he can help get my learning curve up to speed on short order.

I much prefer pathpilot for is more feature rich user interface.. I currently have been using Mach3 with MachSTDMill which I absolutely love and PathPilot seems like a closer match with is conversational probing and milling features.

Chris
    Is there a reason you just dont use Mach3 if you already have it and your familiar with it why not go that route? Seems it will handle what you need you can always work on the Linux in your spare time?.

Be Safe,
    Sam

Downloads
    Uploads

Sam,

Mach3 won't handle the spindle servo properly without the ability for yo accept full Quadrature encoder feedback. It is important for being able to index the spindle for told changes.

And it would cost quite a bit to purchase everything required to make Mach work at which point I would definitely just go masso which is all inclusive but lacking in some functionality to date the biggest being no touch screen support which my primary input method is going to be.

Lastly, I am absolutely at my wit's end from Mach3 freaking out on my existing machine.. if it were to freak out on the big machine it could be extremely costly and I'm in no way interested in that becoming a reality. Mach3 is simply untrustworthy to me after years of use and headaches. Always does something silly at an inopportune moment such as randomly curl a probe tip, **** down in the middle of a program after a tool Change, or decide not to stop while jogging.

Those issues are random and not common occurance so are near impossible to track down and they don't happen frequently so it seems it waits for your guard to be down to bite ya.

Yeah.. no more Mach3 for me, just scares me with such a big piece of equipment. It isn't the functionality because I really enjoy the machstdmill user interface, it's excellent, it's just the bugs that annoy me and the lack of encoder feedback and the amount of add on components required to increase the performance.

I truly love the principal on which LinuxCNC runs on and the interface of pathpilot, and once it's figured and up and running I'm sure I will be thrilled with the decision. I just need to get past the initial setup and configuration headache. Would be cheaper to fly in a LinuxCNC/pathpilot guru probably to get everything running than some of the other options listed. And I really want the flexibility to upgrade the machine inexpensively which is what would push me away from centroid or other controllers more geared for industrial use. Seems like the entrance price isn't too bad bit beyond that the prices are very steep and I'm not wanting to pigeon hole myself to them.

I'm very close to getting the lathe up and running and figure I will cut my teeth on LinuxCNC for that project before switching over to the VMC. Should give me some much needed understanding ahead of time to avoid mistakes!

Chris

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I see well project is looking great otherwise.
    I'm sure you will get it figured out.

Downloads
    Uploads

LinuxCNC is pretty easy to set up these days. Will require some text editing for your setup.

There is great community support on the linuxcnc.org forum.

I reckon go with LinuxCNC. Happy to help if I can.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast