Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 3

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Latest update pictures.. getting close, they think they will have it wrapped up miss next week!!! Whoop whoop!! LoL

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to see the Asian factories are catching up with full PPE - especially like the safety boots......Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!-safety-boots-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    Good to see the Asian factories are catching up with full PPE - especially like the safety boots......Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!-safety-boots-jpg
    Now if they implemented any type of safety and regulated manufacturing like they do here, do you think we could afford there machines ?????

Downloads
    Uploads

So what was their base pricing on Tormach sized machines? Do you have some pictures or links for the smaller machines you can share?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    Those are shop flops... Lol. That is not a worker, probably a customer. There workers wear uniforms, all blue full coverage and hard toe boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Now if they implemented any type of safety and regulated manufacturing like they do here, do you think we could afford there machines ?????
    Good point!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    So what was their base pricing on Tormach sized machines? Do you have some pictures or links for the smaller machines you can share?
    They have a bigger then tormach machine that is available with servos, controls, full guard etc fit around $9k I think. The contact is a few posts back in the thread, best to contact and discuss direct with Fred.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

OK.. In the home stretch now!! More updates pictures!

Downloads
    Uploads

More pictures because who doesn't like pictures.. 😁

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really looking forward to seeing how this fabulous machine turns out. I understand it been quite the journey for you, but so far everything looks really good. I have been following your post since you tried to gather people for a big Chinese purchase of CNC Milling machines.

One question I do have for you though is any reason why you decided to go with the Linux CNC control system instead of something more industrial like the Siemens 808d or 828d? I figure those would have been alot easier for the company to install and test, rather then the Linux. What is your thoughts on the Siemens compared to Linux?

Downloads
    Uploads

My main thought process behind that decision was the ability to have more control over what I decide to do with the mill. It allows for infinite expansion, is extremely reliable, components are very affordable for additions and upgrades and if something is unavailable, it can be created rather then being a hard "no". I have plans of adding a 4th and 5th axis of sorts and will need customized probing functionality and that isn't something the lower cost Siemens controls offer. And when you get into the controller's that can support these options, the costs skyrocket. Jumping up to a higher end Fanuc control would have added about 8-9k to the cost and that silk wouldn't have offered the functionality and freedom I was looking for. To me this is the best of both worlds, but for others who just need a plain Jane 3 axis machine I would agree u they would have a simpler time going with a completed turnkey setup.

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    My main thought process behind that decision was the ability to have more control over what I decide to do with the mill. It allows for infinite expansion, is extremely reliable, components are very affordable for additions and upgrades and if something is unavailable, it can be created rather then being a hard "no". I have plans of adding a 4th and 5th axis of sorts and will need customized probing functionality and that isn't something the lower cost Siemens controls offer. And when you get into the controller's that can support these options, the costs skyrocket. Jumping up to a higher end Fanuc control would have added about 8-9k to the cost and that silk wouldn't have offered the functionality and freedom I was looking for. To me this is the best of both worlds, but for others who just need a plain Jane 3 axis machine I would agree u they would have a simpler time going with a completed turnkey setup.

Chris

I do have to agree about the customization that going with your electronics has. I have never used Linux CNC, but coming from Mach3, I somewhat got tired of the constant fiddling (I do understand that Linux CNC is alot more stable).

I guess this gives me quite a bit to think about regarding the control systems. Linux CNC does seem much more upgradeable and future proof, which is certainly a huge advantage.

Looking over the Siemens controls it can do what you wish, but I'm unsure as to what cost.

For me I think the industrial controller such as Siemens gives me the feel of a real VMC as opposed to the more home brew feeling that Linux CNC may. Once again though that is without me ever trying Linux.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFastards View Post
    I do have to agree about the customization that going with your electronics has. I have never used Linux CNC, but coming from Mach3, I somewhat got tired of the constant fiddling (I do understand that Linux CNC is alot more stable).

I guess this gives me quite a bit to think about regarding the control systems. Linux CNC does seem much more upgradeable and future proof, which is certainly a huge advantage.

Looking over the Siemens controls it can do what you wish, but I'm unsure as to what cost.

For me I think the industrial controller such as Siemens gives me the feel of a real VMC as opposed to the more home brew feeling that Linux CNC may. Once again though that is without me ever trying Linux.
    I think if you were to compare the two more closely you would find that the entry level Siemens is a bit difficult to struggle through as compared to the more modern graphics display of say the path pilot version of Linux cnc. You get excellent graphics to go along with the conversational programming, full functionality way beyond what Mach 3 offers without the bugs. I will using a commercial grade touch screen so you will able to easily navigate through controller. The learning curve is quick for operating path pilot, but setting up Linuxcnc is a bit of a steeper learning curve. However once properly setup, it is extremely reliable, I would say every bit as reliable as an industrial controller. Remember Linux is the operating platform which is infinitely more stable than windows. Granted most industrial controller's are DOS based and while DOS's no frills interface is very reliable, you lose a ton of the interface benefit of a more robust system.

Also with Linux cnc and mesa cards, you are pretty much using similar guts as an industrial control. The Mesa cards are handling the calculations real time and are very fast. Running at 4mhz in some cases. You also get the benefit of massive memory, no worry as with some other older controller's.

I would suggest doing some video research on YouTube for path pilot to get a feel for what a nice interface it is. Definitely worth some research time!

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice job

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

I just received word, the mill is finished and I should have final pictures tomorrow morning

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, machine is completed and here are the completed pictures, they are a little dark but I think it turned out pretty nice!

Downloads
    Uploads

More pictures 😁

Downloads
    Uploads

Even more pictures.. 😁😁

Downloads
    Uploads

Yet some more 😎😎

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking good... Now the painfully agonizing 45 days of shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads

Seriously.. Lol

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast