Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 24

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by stuarttaylor00 View Post
    Thankyou for the info, I appreciate the honest thoughts on it. It sounds as though there are a few "fit and finish" type things that could be done better, but for the money it is good value.

I'm in Australia and it would cost me less to get exactly what you ordered, including freight, than to get a Tormach PCNC 770 with no options. Incredible, and frustrating.

I'm sure there are many others like me who can't wait to see you get this up and running, Once we see that I think Runfa Machinery will get an influx of orders!

The last question I had was that you said you also ordered your spindle, servos and drivers from an external company, would you care to pass on the name of that company? the pricing on that gear also looked very good.

Thanks again, Appreciate the time you've taken to share this with us
    I think this machine is finished as well as a tormach any day of the week from videos I've seen and there is no comparison. If you have the room to fit this machine I would not even be considering the tormach.. there's more mass in just the table of this machine than the whole 770..lol. No way you are going to be able to match the performance of the two in a fair comparison.. The tormach is a great machine but just simply out-gunned here!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What software did you use to draw up your wiring schematic/pinout for the lathe? That's nice and clean.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seanpc View Post
    What software did you use to draw up your wiring schematic/pinout for the lathe? That's nice and clean.
    I used two... I did the gross and text in Excel and the imported it into draftsight to make the wire runs with colored line layers, pretty easy really!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick progress update, I got the air lines connected and finished running conduit to the machine from the new panel.. tomorrow I will start pulling wires.. then fab up a stand for the rotary phase converter and get it wired up. After that it connecting up wires from machine to the 7i77 mess card.. guess we will see what happens!!

Had to play with the ATC to make something move on the machine for a small win..lol. Vid posted below.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A little more done on the wiring, maybe a bit more this evening and hopefully alot more tomorrow and Sunday!! Slowly but surely!

Downloads
    Uploads

Electrical stuff will nickel and dime you every time. A 25hp rotophase should be good. I’m running a 20hp motor with an American Rotary panel on my VF2. What’s does your incoming voltage measure at? Mine is up around 250V per leg. My third leg will measure around 270volts not under load. Your 6ga wire will be fine. With everything under a normal load my first two legs measure 250V and the third leg (wild leg) will measure between 260 and 265V. My Haas has a transformer built in which has taps for various incoming power ranging from 200v to 250v three phase. I think the spec calls for +/- 10% voltage. Maybe it’s 5%. I have never had a problem with power. We do have some sensitive 3 phase equipment like 3000w RF generators that will give a high line voltage. We wind up needing dedicated transformer to get the incoming voltages in range for that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
    Electrical stuff will nickel and dime you every time. A 25hp rotophase should be good. I’m running a 20hp motor with an American Rotary panel on my VF2. What’s does your incoming voltage measure at? Mine is up around 250V per leg. My third leg will measure around 270volts not under load. Your 6ga wire will be fine. With everything under a normal load my first two legs measure 250V and the third leg (wild leg) will measure between 260 and 265V. My Haas has a transformer built in which has taps for various incoming power ranging from 200v to 250v three phase. I think the spec calls for +/- 10% voltage. Maybe it’s 5%. I have never had a problem with power. We do have some sensitive 3 phase equipment like 3000w RF generators that will give a high line voltage. We wind up needing dedicated transformer to get the incoming voltages in range for that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure, o haven't checked it.. guess I probably should before throwing the switch..

I didn't get anything done like I hoped this weekend, had a bunch of honey do's pop up for my in-laws visit in two weeks... Hoped I'd get it all done early enough but not enough time and now I'm exhausted.. Gonna relax what's left of the day and take tomorrow to work on finishing the wiring.

I will get a test of the incoming voltage on the single phase panel. And report it back!

Chris

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324