Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 22

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

I figured by far the easier to start with would be the lathe, but I've got some wiring to finish to run per and some assembly to do, will work on it this week, it tires in to running or for the rotary phase generator as well which the xk7130 will require to per up also.. will pay pictures and updates as they get checked off..

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok.. so I am moving forward with getting power to the machine for now and want to get the axis moving around via the drives.. as an update i have made a rudamentary wiring diagram for the 25hp rotary phase converter wiring.. please feel free to chime in.. I am using the wire size and breaker size the converter builder specified for this setup even though i know that #6 wire is only good for a 50A breaker I think he specified the larger breaker for the motor starting draw. Also the length of wire is only 4 foot total conductor length from panel breaker to 25hp motor connection, very very short. See the Wiring diagram below. putting my shopping cart together for lowe.. man wire is expensive now days..lol I am up to $250 just about with conduit, wire and miscellaneous brackets, straps and fittings..

Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!-rotary-phase-converter-wiring-schematic-image-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think minimum AWG for a given breaker is in the NEC? code. Not sure where to find that info, but if in doubt, go to the next larger wire size. The purpose of a breaker is to protect the wiring after all. Having too large wire with a smaller breaker is fine (other than the additional cost..)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I spent last night reading this thread end to end. I hope you get the CNC worked out soon Would love to see the mill making chips.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK.. soo.. after a day of planning and figuring and schematic making, i finally arrived at a full shopping cart for the Rotary Phase converter wiring... I am adding a 3 phase panel to the shop run off the 25hp RPC so if I have any future equipment brought into the shop it will be as simple as running 3 phase power direct from the new panel. this certainly adds some expense and initial complexity of the wiring but in the end i think it is well worth it! so grand total for wire, conduit, fittings connectors, lugs etc.. $576.00 :/ ouch copper is high ill tell ya!

I need to find some 6awg x 1/4" ring terminal crimps for connecting the 25hp RPC motor. it has 12 conductors which get bundled into 3 connections. I have not found any heavy duty temrinal crimps locally so will have to order them online and no next day option on amazon so far! any thoughts?

OK.. will update once i start mounting panels and running wires!

Thanks for looking in!

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try Ferrules - Wire Insulated Uninsulated Ferrule - Crimping Tools, Tool Calibration, European Specifications at Ferrules Direct for the connectors. We use them at work and hae had good service and prices.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    thanks!! i actually went ahead and ordered them from McMaster, they were about $10 for a 25 pack.. better than $50+ for 100 that i'd never use considering I only needed 4. lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So here is the Lowe's order.. they made a couple mistakes but I'll get them resolved tomorrow.. getting jazzed again about the machine hopefully things rock and roll the next few days!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So a little progress this afternoon before dinner.. got the panel hole cut and clean out and made the crossover hole in the stud, knocked out appropriate holes and deburred edges installed panel secure and started the first wire runs... Man it is much more difficult working with 6awg than any of the other smaller sizes I've run before for miscellaneous circuits.. stuff required some special wire snips as pictured below..lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking really good. You can get Linux to work. It seems daunting at first but the setup wizard makes it alot easier. I will look over your PDF for wiring if I get a chance tomorrow and see if I can help. Don't loose faith. It is easier than it looks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    OK, so i startd screwing around with where i left off with the Linuxcnc configuration and hardware and wiring charts.. I am adding one I did for my lathe as well, even built the cabinet but thats as far as i got before again having to stop due to lack of kowledge on the Linuxcnc programming side of things. the lathe project was another i was supposed to be receiving help on..
    Just going over your wiring scheme for the mill and had a couple questions. Are you using standard 2500 incremental encoders or the absolute encoders. If they are incremental then you will not need to use the +5v and ground from the 7i77 TB 3&4 pins (22 &19 on the z axis as an example) to the servo drive pins 38 & 25. That is only required for the absolute encoder option. If you are not using the absolute encoders you can also ditch the external 5v power supply and switch jumper w5 to the left hand position. If using incremental encoders they are powered by the servo drive and the drain on your 5v system is limited and can be managed by the host computer with then jumper in this position. If you had planned on absolute encoders or other uses for a remote 5v supply then disregard.

Did you buy everything to setup all 5 axis or just 3 for now? Also what are you using for a spindle motor/drive and gear or belt ratios etc? I started looking at the input/outputs for the field wiring but it got late, for the most part they look correct.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DJEkim33 View Post
    Just going over your wiring scheme for the mill and had a couple questions. Are you using standard 2500 incremental encoders or the absolute encoders. If they are incremental then you will not need to use the +5v and ground from the 7i77 TB 3&4 pins (22 &19 on the z axis as an example) to the servo drive pins 38 & 25. That is only required for the absolute encoder option. If you are not using the absolute encoders you can also ditch the external 5v power supply and switch jumper w5 to the left hand position. If using incremental encoders they are powered by the servo drive and the drain on your 5v system is limited and can be managed by the host computer with then jumper in this position. If you had planned on absolute encoders or other uses for a remote 5v supply then disregard.

Did you buy everything to setup all 5 axis or just 3 for now? Also what are you using for a spindle motor/drive and gear or belt ratios etc? I started looking at the input/outputs for the field wiring but it got late, for the most part they look correct.
    They are incremental 5000 line encoders... Good info on the power supply, I already have it though just not hooked up. The spindle motor is a 5.5kw spindle servo with drive. It is direct 1:1 with belt drive and no gear, 0-6000rpm range. If g you are interested, I can send you the manual.. I was not super clear on the connections it needed. I did read that it had a self indexing routine with an prior to signaling it has stopped in position which should make the ATC setup a bit easier.

Pm me if you want servo and spindle manuals!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast