Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review! - Page 2

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Nice, real nice. Keep us posted! this looks very interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ack1 View Post
    Nice, real nice. Keep us posted! this looks very interesting.
    Will do! Plan on reviewing the entire process from start to having the machine in operation along with follow up after time in use reviews. Currently the only frustrating thing is knowing once it is finished and crated and on the boat it will take 40 days for it to arrive.. but I guess in the grand scheme of things for the savings and customizations, it will be worth the wait.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

lcvette, start talking money here. That's what I want to know. You said you sent 30% so they will get started on the mill. How much was 30%?

How much were the upgraded motors you requested they install?

How much was the tooling?
    After all,
    So we worked out pricing and to my surprise it was much more reasonable then I anticipated it being.
    If you paid this already, then let us know. I'm interested in the tool holders.
    Don't say you didn't get the bill yet, as you know how much these things are before you wire money down.

Please enlighten us all.

Thank you.

Last edited by G59; 06-25-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    lcvette, start talking money here. That's what I want to know. You said you sent 30% so they will get started on the mill. How much was 30%?

How much were the upgraded motors you requested they install?

How much was the tooling?
    After all,

If you paid this already, then let us know. I'm interested in the tool holders.
    Don't say you didn't get the bill yet, as you know how much these things are before you wire money down.

Please enlighten us all.

Thank you.
    I know I know.. everybody wants pricing.. Lol

So I will oblige..

- Motors and drives

All three axis AC servo motors, 5000 count encoders, drives, cables and the 5.5kw (7.5hp) true spindle servo and drive with cables. Including conversion costs to 220v 60hs 3 phase r use in the States. They cover shipping within China.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

$1866.00

- Tooling and accessories

(all holders complete with pull studs and inserts where needed)

- (30) BT30 ER16, 20, 25 tool holders

- (2) BT30 face mills, 50mm & 100mm

- (4) BT30 cnc integrated drill chucks

- (1) BT30 complete boring up to 2" kit with tools and boring bars

- (55) various US size precision ER collets

- (12) extra pull studs

- (2) Kurt clone 6" machine vises

- (4) ER collet wrenches

- (1) 48 position BT30 tool cart w/ tightening fixture

- (1) 8" vert/hor rotary table

- (1) 14mm work hold clamping kit

$1265.00 shipped to machine manf'r

- XK7130 Linear VMC

- 700 x 380 x 450 mm travels

- 12 tool ATC w/power draw bar

- Full guarded enclosure

- Flood coolant

- Auto lubrication system

- Complete less controller ( all other wiring, switches, sensors installed just no brain box)

Freight method CIF, seller insured and covers all freight costs to my port of coding in the USA. (All tooling and accessories will ship with the machine)

$9775.00

All of my calculations for import duties and taxes and fees from information researched online has the total import costs under $1000 including kissing the machine on a trailer/flatbed etc.

Bringing the total cost of the machine with tooling on a loaded truck to...

$1866 + $1265 + $9775 +$1000

Total cost: $13,906.00

Miscellanious costs:

- 30hp rotary phase converter & wiring
    $1500 - $2000

- Forklift rental (1 day)
    $250 - $350

- LinuxCNC computer and motion hardware to complete machine
    $700 - $900

- 5500lb pallet jack for moving machine in the shop
    $354 shipped

I am borrowing a heavy equipment flat bed trailer so no cost incurred there 20 minute drive to my local sea port (lucky in that sense)..

Think that covers most everything I can think of except little things that I already have such as heavy duty rigging straps, chains, tools etc and some helpers have those too

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Keeps on getting more interesting each day this.. thats a great price.

You dont feel like 6k rpm might be somewhat limiting ? Guess it depends. I'd want 10k rpm for better removal rates in aluminum and I use alot of small tooling. A larger capacity toolchanger would be nice. But i understand all your choices considering your needs.

The price for the motors,drives package is fantastic. What KW rating are you using on the XYZ axis ?

Downloads
    Uploads

You dont feel like 6k rpm might be somewhat limiting ? Guess it depends. I'd want 10k rpm for better removal rates in aluminum and I use alot of small tooling. A larger capacity toolchanger would be nice. But i understand all your choices considering your needs.

The price for the motors,drives package is fantastic. What KW rating are you using on the XYZ axis ?
    Ack1,

If this was a production machine and I was most focused on part out put I definitely would have flipped the bill for a higher speed spindle. The cost to upgrade to an 8k RPM spindle was about another $1000 and a spindle servo rated for continuous duty at 8krpm was $300 more. They also offer what they call a "robot arm" type tool changer which of course had a higher station capacity and faster tool changes but I believe that cost was an additional $3k.

Still great deals for sure, However being I will be using this for prototypes mainly and small test parts runs I think it will be plenty for what I currently need. I'm currently limited to 5400rpm and a 2hp AC motor with VFD on my G0704 and it chews through aluminum pretty good using adaptive tool path strategies. My biggest constraint has never been the machine speed, but rather the quality of the finished posts and the constant maintenance required to keep the small grizzly capable of holding decent tolerance. I spend more time designing, Programming, and making fixtures for small runs than I do actually cutting parts being in prototyping.

The good though is that should I want to upgrade later on, it won't cost a small fortune to do so. I imagine that when the spindle needs service, I will simply replace the whole cartridge with a 12k rpm unit and upgrade the spindle servo motor to a higher rpm unit and change pulley ratios to take advantage of the higher speed bearings.

For now the additional cost was not in my budget and was better used towards my cnc lathe savings fund (which I am looking at a nice lathe from overseas as well that is very reasonably priced).

All in all, it is a major step up from my current machine and while I still have wants, this file s majority of the criteria I needed while keeping my capital outlay minimal. When compared to a similarly outfitted Tormach or Novakon, I am still thousands of dollars less for significantly more machine, and when comparing to used vmc's, I am able to check off more of my wish list than if I had gone with a 15-20 year old machine with outdated controls and potentially unexpected and high cost maienance and repairs required. I'm very happy so far with my decision and hope as the experience continues that I remain that way. I will certainly keep this thread current to help others make their decisions, someone had to be the guy to jump on the grenade first.. Lol. Hopefully it pans out in the end.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

For the axis motors,

X & Y 1.8kw 6nm servos and Z is a 1.5kw 10nm servo

Downloads
    Uploads

Any specs on the linear rails? Brand , Preload ?
    Pitch and diam on ballscrews ? Do you know the weight of the table ?

Just doin some calculations..

Toolchanger an umbrella type ?

Downloads
    Uploads

The linear rails are 35mm, the ballscrews are 32mm, brand is TBI, I initially was mistaken and thought they were Hiwin, but they are not. However the quality of TBI ground screws is very good in comparison to cheap rolled screws. Pitch on the screws is 6mm. Tool changer is 12 tool umbrella type.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh for some reason I missed your previous post, thanks for sharing. And I could apply your thinking to myself .. I dont really need 10k rpm ect since I do not either do production.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh for some reason I missed your previous post, thanks for sharing. And I could apply your thinking to myself .. I dont really need 10k rpm ect since I do not either do production.
    Ack1,

Not sure what machine type you are used to using, I think if you are accustomed to a benchtop machine you will find that 6k rpm and 7.5hp can move through aluminum like butter. Especially using adaptive clearing and the largest tool the part will allow. I also use 3 flute tooling, but with adaptive and a slower sindle you could also use a 4 flute tool and take a narrower width of cut and higher feed rate but much for depth of cut. But really the only place I see a 10k rpm spindle speed being useful would be in 3d machining which if I knew I was going do alot of that I might have opted for it.

Just a thought..

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Following this with interest!

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you share some information on what lathe you are looking at.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lathe did i miss something here ? -

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I decided to build my 3in1 instead for now to save some cash.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I should clarify, instead of the lathe purchase, lol still getting the milk, should have some updates here shortly on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update pictures!! I have been given a finish timeline of 7 days so we will see how that goes. There have been a few delays that are now all rectified. Some were my own doing from miscommunication some were on weather as the area the machine is being built has been enduring extreme heavy rainfall. In the end it's getting closer to completion and communication lines have remained open and transparent which is above average from experience when dealing with a Chinese company. I am very excited to see this thing completed and more so to take delivery of it. If only the boat ride here want 40 days with.. sigh...

Here are the updated pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads

Very interesting! However, I wonder why they do not mount the X axis rails upside down on the bottom of the table, seems like this design takes more vertical space.

That said Im very interested in this machine and have contacted the seller. However, I will most likely opt for a faster spindle. Where did you buy the tooling by the way?

Also, Im looking for a lathe, do you have a company that you can recommend there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Two additional pictures I didn't see I received..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Doxs View Post
    Very interesting! However, I wonder why they do not mount the X axis rails upside down on the bottom of the table, seems like this design takes more vertical space.

That said Im very interested in this machine and have contacted the seller. However, I will most likely opt for a faster spindle. Where did you buy the tooling by the way?

Also, Im looking for a lathe, do you have a company that you can recommend there?
    Since I have not ordered a lathe I can't recommend one really as I have no skin in the game or personal experience to share on it.

As for the rails, there are many different styles of machine design, you just have to pick the one that is right for you. This is pretty much the standard for all VMC's with a few exceptions. The Haas tool room models use a crazy long table and small saddle as you described, but the costs are a good bit higher. on their VF series, they utilize the large saddle and sliding table. So which is better? I don't know as I haven't extensively tested them both. Many have their own opinions but I think most are probably theoretical rather than quantifiable. I think from a manufacturing stand point it would be less expensive to build the rail on table version so why would they spend more to do it the way they do? I can't answer that for you unfortunately, but I do feel confident that this machine will be a huge improvement compared to my existing machine and the price is where I needed it to be.. 😁

Chris

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast