SkyFire SVM-0 Mill - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: SkyFire SVM-0 Mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SkyFire SVM-0 Mill

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    Come on Loui, time for some more pics and vids. Don't keep us waiting too long.
    Yes... I know. I've been moving, and over 30 years of accumulated family junk is a lot to get rid of. (already filled a 20 yard dumpster, and probably need another 10 yard.)

I did however receive the new steppers from Lin. They look like they're built solid. Hope to get them installed as soon as I'm done with my move, maybe in another week or so.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

one month later, any news?

Downloads
    Uploads

hes still moving... he posted in the other thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    one month later, any news?
    Sorry this move and clean up has totally consumed my days. Still living at my old house as my new apartment is not set up yet. A few minor repairs to do here as well...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Louie , hope everything fine for you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did Louie croak? No update in 2 months.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry guys... I totally forgot I had this thread! Been making parts with my machine, unfortunately none that I can show... Also my machine is located at work, so I cannot operate it during business hours during our busy season, which is September to June, from 9am to midnight (yes, I work through the night on stuff...) suck arrangement, but since I'm selling the house and living temporarily in an apartment, not much place to set up (and no 220...) Once this run of parts is done I promise to post some videos, sometime by the first or second week of April.

New surprises in store, like the performance of Lin Engineering's 600in-oz steppers (that are the size of 400in-oz steppers)....

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool stuff, Louie.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice Louie

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    Nice Louie

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Jips, great to see your machine up and running and MAKING PARTS! Promise, I'll have videos pretty soon...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where are your videos, Louie?

Would luv to see more of your machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK guys.... I did not croak. My couple month house-emptying took the better part of almost 2 years to complete; the wrath of 36 years of accumulated crap. Seven 20 yard containers later, and the house is sold! Basically had the machine sitting, in the closet of a bowling alley, for a year!

I did finally move my mill to my apartment, and wired a 220V circuit so I can run my spindle. The spindle ran for 4 seconds, then the VFD faults. Checked the wires, ran again. Fault. Downloaded the VFD manual online, error code says the IPM maybe dead. This just blew hard. Luckily, I had the VFD from my router table spindle (which I only ran for about 10 minutes) laying around, so I wired that up. For some reason, forward moves the spindle in reverse, and vise versa. But that's OK, got the spindle working again. Hope someone there can give me some info on whether I can repair the other VFD or not, as the one I'm using will not fit in the electronics enclosure at the back of the column.

Another issue I had was with my new steppers. I was jogging around, testing them, then started hearing a weird clicking noise on the Z axis. Take the bellows cover off. I totally thrashed the bellows coupling! Must be from those "hard" stops LOL... I had one of these fiberglass-reinforced-plastic spider couplers laying around (from some cheapo router build) so I slapped it on temporarily. Then the ticking noise appeared on the X axis. Stopped everything, and ordered Oldham couplings for all three axes. No issues now. Dropped the max velocity to 192 ipm, fast enough for this small machine...

Now I have a 4HP air-cooled spindle (square frame) that has seen almost no run time... if anyone's interested shoot me a PM. I'm scaling back my router table in size and power for the smaller area I have here for it, so the 4HP gotta go and I'll be back to my router/SuperPID setup.

Cutting some stuff this weekend, so hopefully will have pics!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456