Need Help! Corrosion inhibited cleaner recommendations

Thread: Corrosion inhibited cleaner recommendations

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Corrosion inhibited cleaner recommendations

I'm in the process of restoring an older Miyano TSV-35 that was used by a company that makes brass valve bodies. Upon pulling some of the way covers to check and lubricate things, I discovered just how badly gummed up things are with a cake of grease/dried coolant/fine brass chips. I think the best approach to getting would be a wash down with corrosion inhibited degreaser run through the machine's coolant system to a wash down hose.

I'm looking for something that can cut through this mess, but won't damage the linear ways, ballscrews, and associated wipers. Once everything is clean, it'll be getting a thorough re-lubrication.

Any recommendations for a cleaning solution that would be well suited for this application?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

If the machine were not an issue, then I would consider attempting with glycerol or biodiesel. Those are quite strong solvents for grease like this. I am really not sure about the effect on the machine itself though.

There are two main catagories of glycerol:
    - relatively high purity material
    - bi product from production of bio-diesel

Both are strong solvents, but the bi - product version will contain things like soaps, methanol, and possibly KOH, so make sure it is neutralized before you use it.