I'm interested in HomeCNC mill conversion

Thread: I'm interested in HomeCNC mill conversion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'm interested in HomeCNC mill conversion

Hi everybody,

I have a mill/drill similar to the one HomeCNC (Jeff Davis) converted to cnc, in fact I think it's the same with another name...
    Do you know if he is still active, I will need some info and the last time he post on this forum was "08-22-2005 11:03 AM"

I would like to have more information on this project. Is there some of you that made this conversion?

Any information or advise will be apreciate.

Thanks

CrazyRonny

Similar Threads:

*Registered User*
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished mine although I did the conversion to a harbor freight geared head mill so my Z is attatched to the left side of the head rather then tucked inside. Seems to work well. I just cut out the crest (first 2 passes but didn't have a 1/8th mill for the 3rd pass) and it did it.. Yay me..

I would recomend getting x and y up and going then using the mill to help make the more complicated z parts... Was cool having the tool finish it self off.

His plans are great and well worth the 70 or so bucks. A little hands off help and stupid questions though but I don't blame him for that. His instructions do cover everyhting anyone with half a brain could figure out.

Cam tronics is a great place to get the motors and controller to

b.