Machining kwik-switch 200 holders - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machining kwik-switch 200 holders

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Machining kwik-switch 200 holders

I chucked an original holder and indicated it so it would run true, then put the indicator in the compound rest and adjusted it to read zero along the surface of the taper. It's really not rocket science, and it worked well enough for me. In a perfect world, the taper should have been ground, but I don't have that kind of equipment here at home.

The one that dies with the most tools, WINS !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried to make an Qwik Switch 200 tool holder tonight. I'm going to make some of these with proper materials. Got the taper to a nice fit with your instructions. The taper on the Qwik Switch is exactly 1:6

This was only a test to see if i would manage to make one. The tabs on the tool holder is to short, didn't want to waste any other material. This tool holder will be fine for the dial indicator.

Last edited by Steffeb; 11-12-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Well, Danno. You sucked me in. I'm going to have a shot at making some tool holders myself. Probably going to use some 4140 QT and press fit collar with ears. (Heat the collar, press it on.) I've actually got plenty of holders, but it would be handy if some of them had a longer nose. I'm going to have a shot at making long nose holders in all the sizes from 3/8 down to 1/8.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12