Need Help! 1990 Kiwa 510 colt

Thread: 1990 Kiwa 510 colt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1990 Kiwa 510 colt

Hello all,
    My first time posting. I have been reading for a few years now and it is really nice to see folks helping each other when one has a need.

Well, now I have a need. I just bought a 1990 kiwa 510 colt with a 4th axis 10k rpm with Fanuc 0M serial number ES79025. The machine is in show room condition and has never been repainted. the ONLY problem I have is that the machine had its batteries yanked out by someone who didn't know any better..... needless to say the machine sorta drools on itself now with a few twitches every now and again.

The machine has a set of parameters in it from another machine but, there are still quite a few missing and so the main issues (that are known) are the tool changer and rigid tapping/spindle drive. I have the original 900 series parameters. The tool changer works in auto mode but not through MDI. In jog mode I can rotate the carosel but I can't walk through a tool change. The proper switch is there it just doesn't work. For the spindle the reset key will stop the program but the spindle won't stop running. The only way for me to stop the spindle is through MDI with an M5. In jog or MPG mode I can start the last programed spindle speed and reverse it but I can't stop it with the stop button.

I have the RS232 working fine.

The 4th axis is not working as well. I have the 900 series parameter to turn on the 4th but when I do it throws a few more alarms.