Help! I need an idea to replace this part

Thread: Help! I need an idea to replace this part

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help! I need an idea to replace this part

Hey guys,

Been on here for a long time, had a wood cnc router, in the process of building two new ones, but I have a Matsuura MC-710V. Nearly 90% done converting it to Mach 3 control. I took apart the original encoders because one was bad, and i am putting Us digital E5's on them.

So here is the problem, I stupidly took apart the first encoder "mount" without realizing what I did, and I need an idea where to get the brass ring from pictured below. I am putting a piece of aluminum on top of the mount shown below to hold my new encoder, could one replace the brass ring with a couple wavy washers? Or some sort of ground ring that is sandwiched between the plate and bearing race edge? The only reason for the ring is to "hold" the bearings into the mount, which they are firmly in there.

Any Ideas? Outside Diameter of the brass ring is about 1.7275" and inner diameter is 1.3430".

Thanks,

Andy

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! I need an idea to replace this part-img_0609-jpg   Help! I need an idea to replace this part-img_0610-jpg   Help! I need an idea to replace this part-img_0617-jpg   Help! I need an idea to replace this part-img_0618-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think that ring may set the preload on those bearings, or atleast holds the race in place. I dont know where to get one but I do think you need one. What happen to the old one when you took it off? You could get a machine shop to make you one but I dont know what it would cost. I dont think the bearings will stay put with wavy washers or any such device. They need the collar to hold them.

Ofcourse just looking at a pic without complete tear down I could be wrong but this is what it looks like.

Jess

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jess,

Yes it "holds" the bearings into the metal housing, the problem is that everything was "epoxied" (looks like the original JB weld) together, the first encoder I disassembled it did not come apart as easy as the other two. I am getting the shafts turned down to fit the new encoders and, I am looking at an adjustable piece to place in there, I can post a picture of the plan.

I would think that a machine shop would charge an arm and a leg to make that thing, its some metric thread that mcmaster doesn't even have anything to go in that.