Need Help! Resin block for milling

Thread: Resin block for milling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Resin block for milling

I have acquired some samples of 'Sika block' from a friend. He cannot remember where these samples came from. The material feels like plastic, I think it is some kind of resin block and it is designed to be milled.

I have been working on a project where I am regularly prototyping plastic moulds. I have been using Nylon, however this does not machine very nicely. I had a go at machining this 'Sika block' material and it does machines well

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy some resin block material, something similar to Sika block which is designed for milling?

Thanks
    Jack

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know the name of the material of the top of my head, but, if you go to this thread and ask John(microcarve) he can tell you. He casts his own resin blocks to what ever size he needs. Hope this helps you. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy_cn...p_machine.html

Downloads
    Uploads

It is very likely polyurethane. As for a good material for prototyping you can also look into acetal(also known as delrin) it machines very well.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

John uses Alumalite, but I think that would be a bit spendy to use this way.

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...

Downloads
    Uploads

Edited out. I need to learn to read. I heard tombstone when you said material.