CATIA Prismatic Machining question

Thread: CATIA Prismatic Machining question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CATIA Prismatic Machining question

I have a question regarding the 3-axis Machining aspect of CATIA V5, I am posting in both the CAD and CAM forums in hopes that someone can help me.

I have figured out how to work the CAM functions and everything works except there is 1 issue. At the end of a tool path if I do not add in a tool change the cutter goes straight to the start of the next path, it does not pickup and move over. This is a problem because it cuts through the part instead of clearing it.

How do I setup the system to do a vertical rapid to home or at least to a plane above the part so this does not happen?

Similar Threads:
    Stuff i can use: AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD Inventor 2010, Solidworks 2009, MasterCAM X2/X4, CNC's FADAL, and Hurco 3-axis CNC Mill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Double click "part operation" to open part operatin window, there define safety plane ( note! you can define offset for safety plane by right click to plane after you have selected a plane)
    OR you can build your own approach and rectract moves in a last page in toolpath window called "Macro managment". Remember to activate macro you want to have.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI, somebody helpme whith some tutorial on catia prismatic machining?

thanks