Direct bitmap to model conversion method - Page 5

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct bitmap to model conversion method

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel like a little kid sitting in the back seat saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    I feel like a little kid sitting in the back seat saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Gary

I feel like the guy driving saying.. "Nearly, nearly.. now sit down and look out the window ..."

Danny

What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is everybody's examples at?

Here is one I am working on, and am ready to cut as soon as I can make some g-code!

Gary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Direct bitmap to model conversion method-bearint-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is everybody's examples at?

Here is one I am working on, and am ready to cut as soon as I can make some g-code!

Gary

Hi there Gary...

who can say in terms of examples... ?? maybe shy.. maybe other reasons.. think they'd soon appear if it didn't work.. would be no shortage of posts then I think

well done again with your stuff.. .. another good example... in respect of when you're likely to be coding it in GMax....

you'll be pleased to know i'm on the toolkit stuff right now... draft should be going for checking by tomorrow night at the latest... will still be stuff to add to it.. but anything beyond my own experience I have to research and make sure is correct etc.. will be fine up to where you need to be though... I think so anyway..

I hope it the appendix will open a lot of people's eyes to the work Rainnea has put in on the toolkit and the power, flexibility and control he's built into it.

MAX Software + the CNC_toolkit addon. is hard to beat in terms of features and ability.. never mind the financial aspect... thats NO exaggeration... all depends on the skill of the user really... you know I wouldn't say it if it weren't so....

anyway... work to do

ttfn

Danny (aka Yohudi)

BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

im interested for your software and you can tell what of software did you use..... and how much it will cost together with the tutorial....

thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hay guy's, tell me if I'm doing this correct. The models look pretty good to me but what do you guy's think?

Gary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Direct bitmap to model conversion method-ramint-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used this image as a test image!

Gary

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Direct bitmap to model conversion method-ws_wl_rampanel_l-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey gary thats awsome work, I see the best way is to have a carved photo to use. I tried to emboss a photo but it didnt work as good as I was hoping.
    Any way back to the grind stone. Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by frickles View Post
    im interested for your software and you can tell what of software did you use..... and how much it will cost together with the tutorial....

thanks!
    Hello.. thank you for your interest..

The software used to make these models is FREE and LEGAL from http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

it's Called GMax and is a special version of 3DSMAX.

The tutorial cost is £10.00 UK. it shows how to use GMAX to make models using bitmaps in just 10 minutes even if you never used GMAX before.

If you wish to obtain the tutorial go to the link below

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CNC_4_FREE/

Download the files called

"10MinModeling-Update.zip" and "How to Paypal funds.txt"

The zip file is the tutorial but it needs a password... follow the instructions in "How to Paypal funds.txt" to get the password...

There are FREE example models if you want to test how good the models are
    before buying the tutorial.. tutorial buyers also get some higher quality models FREE

hope this helps

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Progress

Hay guy's, tell me if I'm doing this correct. The models look pretty good to me but what do you guy's think?

Gary
    Hi Gary... I think great..

interesting to see the way you are developing your source bitmaps to suit your requirements

Quote Originally Posted by grahamshere View Post
    Hey gary thats awsome work, I see the best way is to have a carved photo to use. I tried to emboss a photo but it didnt work as good as I was hoping.
    Any way back to the grind stone. Graham
    Graham...

hi there,,, should be able to checkout your image today.. will msg you soon as I've had a look.

General News re the tutorial:

Well the 1st part of the CNC_Toolkit appendix has gone off to be checked...

is just the basics so far.. but hitting 10 pages what with installation and configuration notes etc...

meantime I'm working on part 2.. so that when part 1 is back.. part 2 will be ready to check.. will then assess what's still missing and hopefully roll all that up into 3rd part... when they're joined together should be not far off detailed CNC_Toolkit manual.. is a longer job.. but hopefully a better one... I would be thinking about it being available when part 2 is completed.. but this is not strictly up to me.. as I need the say so that it's accurate etc...

watch this space...

ttfn

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yohudi View Post

General News re the tutorial:

Well the 1st part of the CNC_Toolkit appendix has gone off to be checked...
    Gary.. and others....

Well.. the word I've had back.. has been .......Good..

It's on the right track... If I can push on with the rest to the same kind of level.. then shouldn't be long before people start to see for themselves what THEY could do with the unique featureset of the MAX + CNC_Toolkit combination. A lot of people think CNC_Toolkit is some obscure 4,5 or 6 axis related tool and only for 3DSMAX that costs $BIG MONEY.

Most don't see that if CNC_Toolkit runs 4,5,6 axis machines then 3 axis machines are obviously catered for. They also don't realise that the power of 3DSMAX can be had for FREE in GMax.. that File export limitations CAN be addressed or that GCoding within the MAX environment is one way of avoiding the need to Export models in the 1st place...

That's what the appendix should hopefully do... join up all the pieces in such a way that people wake up to a massive chunk of CNC power...

Anyway.. will keep posting as progress continues....

ttfn

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Last edited by yohudi; 10-09-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Spolling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Latest Tests In GMax

Have been running some file exporter tests in GMax.. and the file below was the testfile..

Is 44,104 faces.. and took about 15mins in total.. 5 mins to setup and about 10 mins to export.. Test machine was nothing special.. a dual PIII 700 with 256MB ram.. I only usually run it to connect to the internet... Deliberately restricted the polygons used on this.. to see what can be done in terms of best quality/shortest export..

I've put up the edited image I used as source also...

ttfn

Danny(aka Yohudi)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Direct bitmap to model conversion method-harleys-jpg   Direct bitmap to model conversion method-harley-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yohudi your going to have to hurry, because I'm starting to have nightmare's. I am dreaming of all these 2.5D models stacking up around me and no way to cut them. I am having g-code withdrawl.

Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded the tutorial but can not find the paypal info.
    Can you email it to me?
    stilltheone@juno.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Part1 CNCToolkit Appendix out tomorrow...

Well Gary...andanyone who picked up my 10Min tutorial

Part 1 of the CNC_Toolkit Appendix will be up at the group tomorrow.. Have a couple of edits to put in place today... nothing major..

will be 3 parts all in all...

Part 1 is 10 pages...the basics... the principles of operation.. and a useful workthrough example to get you started with a real-world use straight away....it's for beginners with GMax and or CNC_Toolkit.

Part 2 will be primarily for 3 axis users.. and those having a bit more GMax Skill

Part 3 will be more advanced stuff - 4 axis and beyond....

will post more info tomorrow... watch this space..

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Oh... Knew I meant to add something else... I've uploaded a video example of the 10MinMethod... The making of the GnR model.. start to finish ... check it out..

let me know what you think.. !!

Last edited by yohudi; 10-14-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yohudi

I would like to thank you Danny for all of your hard work in putting this together! I am looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks again!

Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks for kind words !!!

Yohudi

I would like to thank you Danny for all of your hard work in putting this together! I am looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks again!

Gary
    Hello Gary,

Thanks so much for the kind words etc... I'm happy to get word out about GMAX and CNC_Toolkit to anyone who's prepared to listen about it...

Speaking of which Part 1 of the Appendix has gone up at the group.. I was a bit delayed... life getting in the way of online etc.. Part 1 should get even the novice to GMAX and CNC_Toolkit making usable and useful toolpaths in about 20 mins...

Part 1 is the fundamentals.. Information you need to thoroughly understand if you want to extract the best from MAX Software combined with Rainnea's script... It's been checked by Rab.. and I thank him for that.. his suggestions were of great help.. anyone at CNC_4_FREE will get a special notice about the appendix going up..

I'm hoping to have Part 2 complete and checked by this time next week.. but depends how I get on with it.. and other work too...

Thanks again Gary.. have fun.... oh and checkout the model I made from my girlfriends pic

TTFN

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Direct bitmap to model conversion method-girlfriend-jpg  
    Last edited by yohudi; 10-16-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Posted a pic of my girlfriend

Downloads
    Uploads

what about this software?

http://www.crazybump.com/

Daniel

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Crazybump

what do you think about the software crazybump?

Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stoltoguzzi View Post
    what do you think about the software crazybump?

Daniel
    Hi there,

looks interesting... and possibly useful... will have to have a look at it... thanks for pointing it out..

Danny (aka Yohudi)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast