Need Help! GRBL GRU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRBL GRU

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GRBL GRU

Hello every body

I have just down load the latest version of grblgru (V3.16), I been trying to change the default mm to inches as shown in video and I am not able to find were to do this, I tried in the Extras-settings and I did not find the option, please attached you will find a screen shot of the settings window:

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-settings-screen-shot-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GRBL GRU

Hi arnol,

very sad, that I must tell you, that GrblGru not longer supports the inches mode.
    My old solution was not good enough. With every software update, I had a lot of work.
    So I decided not to offer this mode anymore.

The program is still in development, and I need a better solution for the future.
    Sorry, it's on my ToDo list, but it will takes a while.

GG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Installed version 3.25.0, tool bar only shows 4 things, no menu or other. Red X, remove tool path, ? and one other. How do I get the whole tool bar?

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: GRBL GRU

Organman20,

Reinstall and choose "Full GrblGru Version"

See attached image:

Have a most awesome evening,

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by Organman20 View Post
    Installed version 3.25.0, tool bar only shows 4 things, no menu or other. Red X, remove tool path, ? and one other. How do I get the whole tool bar?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-full-grblgru-version-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, see it is OK on one Windows10 machine but not on a Windows7 machine. Of course, the Windows7 machine is the one I want to use for this... WK

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: GRBL GRU

Completely remove the original non working installation and reinstall using the "Full Version" installation choice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-full-grblgru-version-jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

The intention of the new startup dialog was to provide a simple 3D-simulation application for those people who don't like an overloaded GUI.
    For details please see: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncate...c-forum-7.html

All who wants to use GrblGru in the normal way can select the button "Full GrblGru version" and set the checkbox "Don't show this dialog again".
    After doing this once, GrblGru will be started the next time in the same old manier (without showing the start up dialog)
    Please note that also the macro toolbar can be switched on/off now. (Settings / 'Show macro toolbar')

@jalessi
    Thanks for your help

GG

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I tried GrblGru lathe in simulation mode (v3.27), drawin was done in LibreCAD and the 3D model looks OK.. but the tool path doesn't follow the outline of th emodel.. so in real life there would be a disaster.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thank in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please send me the DXF or SVG file so I can see why it doesn't work?
    A screenshot would also be helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru,
    Thank you for the quick reply, both screen shot and dxf file are attached.
    You will notice the tool is inside material, it doesnt follow the outline when I click on "start" button.

Also, how the drawing should be placed on the drawing space, in which quadrant?
    After loading the drawing, 3D model looks OK only when the shape was placed in 3rd quadrant (like in attached dxf file - it is created with LibreCAD, all coordinates are negative).

One more thing: program tells me the imperial units were detected, while the drawing was done in mm... If I convert, the whole thing is 25.4x bigger.

I hope to have all steppers connected with controller by this weekend, for the first job :-)

Thanks again for your help!

Bojan
    EDIT:
    I found related instructions here... the author is using GrblGru (V3.7... where can I download that from? or is it typo? (missing "2" from v.2.7)) to generate G-code only...I tried to follow them but the result is still not quite what I would expect...
    And, I just found your youtube presentation.. I will look at that as well.

EDIT2:
    Is it possible that LibreCAD dxf file is not compatible?
    I noticed red lines on the screen that should not be there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-c_01-jpg   GRBL GRU-c_03-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bojans; 06-01-2018 at 01:32 AM. Reason: adding comment

Downloads
    Uploads

Your LibreCAD file is completely ok.
    You only have to delete the two lines, as shown in the drawing.
    Draw only the lines of the front profile.
    Otherwise for example GrblGru believes that the center line belongs to the profile.

GRBL GRU-pic1-jpg
    GRBL GRU-pic2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-pic1-jpg   GRBL GRU-pic2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you! Will try :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GrblGru. now almost all works, thank you! Program is executed and motors are moving (currently they are on the workbench, they will go onto the machine on first opportunity).

However, I have a question:
    Jogging works in simulation mode, but not in control mode (GBRLv1.x)... The response is idle .

And, on reset, GBRL controller reports":
    "gbrl 09j ['$' for help]"

Maybe gbrl version is incorrect? I downloaded it from Github and compiled as per instructions.

Bojan

EDIT:
    Changed the version to 1,1, now everything woks as expected.
    Thank you!

Last edited by Bojans; 06-03-2018 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typo

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your feedback. Please let me know if something's not working or you miss something.

*Lathe*

How to make inside thread?

How to turn inside shape?

https://www.facebook.com/YeastedATC

Downloads
    Uploads

@JOKaija

There's a trick to it. You just have to clamp your lathe tool turned 180° around its lengthwise axis.
    Then you work on the rear edge of the workpiece and you can use the normal automatic program.

Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

Somehow, I don't get threading work for inner threads. It always start bottom of thread.
    Not step by step from inner surface to bottom thread, outer surface. (Always same direction, when normally creating threads...)

And same thing with making inner chamfer... Doesn't work as should be. Always goes directly to "bottom"...

Maybe you can send an example project, how it can be done...

Anyway, my own YeastedCNC program start to be at the point, where I can make threads with
    it. Outer or inner, no matter. Just works...

Started to program it, since there is NOT free, really working program for cnc lathes...

Your gru doesn't have spinner rotate either (when have a stepper motor as a spinner motor), when turning chamfer...
    Also I can't adjust (what I know), how many pulses needed for full 360 rotation for spindle. Now I have to cheat
    with grbl board code editing with that...

Oh, and depth of thread should be adjustable (not only by angle of tool tip). I need a lot "fine" threadings, so I have to adjust very
    carefully, how deep the groove can be, to get really tight setup.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-yeasted-threading-jpg  
    Last edited by JOKaija; 12-09-2020 at 05:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here are 2 pics that show how the function can also be used in inner diameters.

Picture 1 shows the normal method to machine e.g. a pipe inside. The infeed is in the opposite direction as for external turning. In this position, the automatic function cannot be used.

Figure 2 shows the position of the turning tool on the other side. In order for the turning tool to cut there, it must be turned by 180°. In this position, the infeed direction is the same as for external turning. All functions can therefore also be used here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GRBL GRU-pic1-jpg   GRBL GRU-pic2-jpg  
    Free program download at www.GrblGru.com

I got that already, but!

1) Still missing chuck rotation while chamfer turning !!!!!!!! MANDATORY !!!!!!
    2) Required pulses / chuck 360 degree turn !!!!!!!! MANDATORY !!!!!!
    3) It is not so easy to find good quality left hand tools for 8mm holder (mini lathe tool holder size)

Anyway... There is a couple videos using your grblgru and my modification about Bernardo Hobby 140 (same as China version "Mini Lathe C0")

Dry test:

Final threading test. Sorry, bended scrap stock material...

And reason for these:

1) Still missing chuck rotation while chamfer turning !!!!!!!! MANDATORY !!!!!!

Now I had to expand grbl code for Mega2560. I took timer 5 in use and an one analog pin for potentiometer.
    So, when I use MAN/AUTO switch on lathe, it selects timer5 output for pulses or stepper y pulse output.
    And with another switch I have to choose CW or CCW...

Not nice way to do this, since this can be included original grbl sender program as grblgru to run y required time.

2) Required pulses / chuck 360 degree turn !!!!!!!! MANDATORY !!!!!!

Missing this is really annoying!!! I have to set Y axel feed / mm a way too high. With 25 000 now. We are
    running limits of arduino execution speed. IF we can set, that an one turn for chuck takes ie. 400 steps (comparing
    to lead screws 1mm-4mm), then we can use similar settings for ALL axels. X,Y and Z. LOW ones...

Also with adjustable steppings / an one rotate, we get rid of that REALLY ANNOYING stepper low freq humming.
    Now my $101 setting is 22.222222 step/mm on arduino and 8000step/rev with phase looped servo driver.
    And really, everyone hates that sound... With lover values I will jump to roof because of really cracking servo sound...

This will be really easy for you to do. Just divide Y output with 360, then an one rotate is compared as 1mm / rev and
    we can handle that with arduino really nice.

Please!

rgds:
    Jari

Last edited by JOKaija; 12-15-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast