Need Help! Software/ Online tool to modify G-code for unidirectional 'Zig tool path'

Thread: Software/ Online tool to modify G-code for unidirectional 'Zig tool path'

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software/ Online tool to modify G-code for unidirectional 'Zig tool path'

Hi All

I currently need to find a way to convert a 8 bit bitmap file into G-code which is designed so that the tool path will basically be a raster (might be known as unidirectional zig tool path, I'm not quite sure as im an absolute newbie, and apologise if this was not the correct place for this thread!)

So far I have found this online software (https://lautr3k.github.io/lw.rasterizer/) which will convert a bitmap into rastered g-code however it is bi-directional. I need my G-code to make sure my tool path is only machining in one direction, not the other!

I tried using 'HeeksCAD' which can create pockets with a unidirectional zig however have struggled with the software with regards to importing my own BMP.

Also have looked for G-code manipulator/editor programs but have had no luck.

Is there any obvious/popular software which I have completely overlooked? Or maybe an easier way to do it which I have not realised?

Any advice/help is much appreciated!!

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software/ Online tool to modify G-code for unidirectional 'Zig tool path'

i can convert it to code but will the code run your laser?
    sample of how mine does:
    g0 x0.23234 ;go to the next dot
    a0.004 ;zap it a lot
    g92 a0 ;reset the zap-0-meter
    (the laser is controlled by the step signal of the A axis)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software/ Online tool to modify G-code for unidirectional 'Zig tool path'

Quote Originally Posted by gcz View Post
    i can convert it to code but will the code run your laser?
    sample of how mine does:
    g0 x0.23234 ;go to the next dot
    a0.004 ;zap it a lot
    g92 a0 ;reset the zap-0-meter
    (the laser is controlled by the step signal of the A axis)
    Thanks for your reply gcz, much appreciated!

When you say you can convert it to code, in what sense? Do you mean write the code yourself?

I think I understand what your sample does, but not sure what you mean by "zap it a lot" after a0.004?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i wrote software to do it.
    the a axis travel of 0.004 inches will produce one pulse for each uStep of the axis.
    on my mill, that's 32000 steps/inch, so 0.004 inches makes 128 pulses (zaps of the laser)
    we had a little hurricane, so i don't have power still and can't do anything till that's fixed.