Poll: What is the G-Code coordinate standard for Disc Cutters?

Thread: Poll: What is the G-Code coordinate standard for Disc Cutters?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Poll: What is the G-Code coordinate standard for Disc Cutters?

My main question:
    What, if any, is the G-Code coordinate standard for disc cutters, center of the cutter or the point in which the cutter contacts the material?

Or what generally do you see on the machines you come across that have disc cutters?

I thought it was the center of the cutter but I'm hearing from some people that the G-Code file coordinates that runs their disc cutting machines are at the point of contact of the cutting disc blade with material to be cut.

Side question:
    In our industry I know of different machines that both use Mach3 and their G-Code files differ with one having the coordinates of the geometric center of the cutter and the other having coordinates being the point of contact with the material being cut. Does anyone know if there Mach3 does this translation? One could see how if that was the case, one would run into trouble depending on the geometry of the cutting edge, but that's a side issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.