Need Help! Picture to tool path

Thread: Picture to tool path

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Picture to tool path

Hi,
    I am new on the forum and I hope this is the right section for this question.
    I have recently completed my first CNC machine starting from scratch after some experience on building few 3d Printers. Its working, its strong and I have already machined some plastic and wood parts.
    So I have some familiarity with motion and control, autocad and slicers.

I have started testing my milling machine using Mach3 and Cambam to generate tool paths.
    So far so good but my target now is to machine some part/art from pictures. Something like .
    I browsed internet looking for software suitable for such operations but I am lost, very expensive (ArtCam, Vectric) and I am not even sure about which version I should use to obtain a tool path from a picture.

I would appreciate some advice and alternatives about which software to try.
    Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by FeliceM; 04-20-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Picture to tool path

Looking at the depth, shape, form and definition of the detail on that horse I think it's from a solid model, not a picture.

- Nick

I quite like targeted ads if they're not intensely annoying so I'll enable ads when your advertisers stop using annoying sounds, annoying slideshows and annoying animations

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Picture to tool path

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Looking at the depth, shape, form and definition of the detail on that horse I think it's from a solid model, not a picture.

- Nick
    Thanks for your opinion. Now that you say that I agree.