Problem DXF2GCODE question (DXF to G-code software)

Thread: DXF2GCODE question (DXF to G-code software)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DXF2GCODE question (DXF to G-code software)

Hi,

I guess I am not alone in using this piece of excellent software, and I never really encountered any problems with it, except lately when I updated to the last version, and the version before the current one.

The improvements from my previously used versions are nice, which is why I would like to get an answer to my problem. When I try to convert some DXF files I occasionally get an error message saying: No intersection found?! and I have no idea why. The same DXF file converts without problems in an older version, so it is a bit annoying.

I include a simple sample DXF file, consisting of two circles and two spirals. I am trying to use a 2mm cutter and the cutter compensation of the software, ie. my machine is not supporting G41 and G42 so it must be done by the CAM. Both left and right compensation works without issues in the older version (the one released before April 2016), but in the latest one and the one before this, only the circle can use both left and right compensation. When I apply left cutter compensation on the spiral than I get "No intersection found?!" error message. If I switch direction then the compensation is OK, but in that case I end up milling the outside of the spiral, not the inside, which is what I want to do in this case.

I include the simple DXF file (the circle diameters are 20mm and inside there is the spiral), in case somebody wants to try it and give me a hint about what is wrong. I tried to google, but all I found is somebody saying he solved this through switching direction, which is not very useful for me since it means that I always end up milling outside the spiral. Note that it is not the spiral shape which causes the problem (as far as I know) since I get this error with other shapes as well, like oddly shaped things, rounder rectangles and so on an well, so it is not the spiral itself causing the issue. As I said, if I use the old version then it is OK also, so it is not something impossible to do.

Any help is appreciated, it would be nice to find a solution to this since I like this software and the evolution of the later version is welcome and needed.