I have a question about simple common sense and logic Yeah cad cam related

Thread: I have a question about simple common sense and logic Yeah cad cam related

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I have a question about simple common sense and logic Yeah cad cam related

Why and how can an outfit sell a product for multi thousands of dollars, that will be useless in a year if you don't pay some high maintenance or license fee?
    I would think that could not be legal. I'm sure I was told the cost of software X that is used at my place of work cost $40K for 2 seats and then what ever the cost for the yearly license is. Sorry, but just Wow! Would anyone buy a car or the machine tool itself under these terms? So please explain this idiocy.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have a question about simple common sense and logic Yeah cad cam related

I'm not aware of any software that stops working if you don't pay for maintenance/support. You should be able to use your software for as long as you want without paying the annual fees.
    The issue, though, is when you find bugs in the software, and you can't get bug fixes without paying the maintenance fees. I find this to be highly unethical, but it's common with some software.
    Also, the annual maintenance fee typically includes updates and new versions, so your software is always current.
    The exception is subscrption based software. But that doesn't come with the big up front costs.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have a question about simple common sense and logic Yeah cad cam related

I only use the free ones, google sketchup and cambam on a deepfreeze state, you just need to figure out how to export the sketchup files to the cambam software, I only use this technique on all the machines ived handled (4 axis, 3 axis routers, galvo lasers, plasma or even the china laser machines) cambam is the best because I can dictate the router on which one to cut first and so on and so fourth easy breezy