Need Help / Advice

Thread: Need Help / Advice

Question Need Help / Advice

Hi all,

I've been a lurker for awhile but I've found myself needing some guidance. We are a furniture shop that makes use of Solid Works & Autocad and we are a CNC for of our upholstered items frames pieces. (Sofa Frames).

Have have two distinct challenges that intersect.

1. We have hundreds our product frames in Solid Works and inside of Solid Works they are individual pieces but that doesn't export as individual parts to Autocad or some kind of library application that shows me all of the different parts and where / which items those parts are used in. We do have a significant amount of overlap. So I am looking for a software where I can load files that come from Solid Works and it basically starts to create the library of parts, identifying existing parts and creating new ones.
    2. Once we have a library of parts having the ability to enter a production list (build 3 sofa A, 5 sofa B, ect) and have it create nested cut programs for that production list. (So also what Software should I be looking at).

Thank you in advance, deeply appreciate any help.