Software or techniques for generation of word or name art

Thread: Software or techniques for generation of word or name art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software or techniques for generation of word or name art

What software or techniques are there for high volume creation of words/names without manual manipulation of artwork?

Has anyone tried creating fonts(or using existing fonts that are made for this type of work) and using them to spell out words or names where you don't have to concern yourself with the sign falling apart because it's not connected? Or part of the wording dropping out?

I'm looking for a solution where I could do 1000-5000 a day with minimal manual action. Preferably, the output would be a dxf or similar ready for nesting and cutting.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software or techniques for generation of word or name art

Can you be a little more specific ? Not sure what you mean about the "sign falling apart" or "not connected".

Also help me understand what or how "artwork" is connected to the fonts, especially if your accepting the use of off the shelf fonts. There are programs that allow you to process jobs from a simple text list... not sure what your up against.

Chris L

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software or techniques for generation of word or name art

I'm trying to automate the process of creating what we call name plates. I've attached an example I found on the web. My problem is that I don't want to have an artist/operator going into an application and typing in the name, selecting a font, making sure all of it fits and works. Instead, I'll have a list of 50 names to create. They will go into a system and a DXF automatically will be generated for the name with a specified font. Then I'll take the 50 DXF's, load them in, nest them and then cut from a sheet.

Due to these words being a single piece, I need to be concerned with elements being cut and dropping out because it doesn't have supporting metal. I'm guessing I'll also need the font specially made or perhaps the software could bring them together and bridge the gaps so to speak.

Or in other words, I'm hoping there is one of two things..

a software package (or multiple that I can script together) that does all of the above.

Or, a technique for handling it, such as a name program that generates the art in an automated fashion, but you use a truetype font that you've drawn that always connects at the bottom through cursive.

Ideally, you could have icons or art like a Guitar/star/truck or other artwork also be apart of it and prepended or appended to the piece. Perhaps those are characters in the font.

The alternative is writing the software to do these pieces, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I can just purchase it.

I'm new to the CNC world, so if I'm making dump assumptions, feel free to correct me. Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Software or techniques for generation of word or name art-grouping_child_sm-jpg