One CNC or Mastercam??

Thread: One CNC or Mastercam??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default One CNC or Mastercam??

I am in the market for a cam package - was a little one eyed to one cnc till the Aussie dealer was a little arrogant and told me i would only get a disk, dongle and invoice for my $7000 - not even 1 day training. So i feel the need to look further - any info/advice on a comparison and pricing between the 2 would be great.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you give more detail what are looking for in CAM that way it's made easier for us. Such as what kind part you are make in house 2D mill, 4th axis etc.

The best way to learn is trial error.

Downloads
    Uploads

We've got a pretty good forum on the OneCNC website, so I believe most users feel well taken care of, with lots of videos and questions and answers to look at. And it's open day after day after day, because you cannot likely absorb it all in a day of training, and all for no extra charge

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we have a 4 axis machining centre - currently have access to a early cam package - we make a lot of one off parts , only small qty. needs to be 3D capable.

A website is ok - but when upgrading i think 1 day of training to get to know your way around , learn some of the new features would be a real asset - would save a business owner like me a heap of time . $7000 is a lot of cash for the "oh - we have a web site".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cadcam is like a machine just push all the buttons and see what happens. Bad advice or this may work for day one. http://www.onecncwest.com/OneCNC_Dem...Emo_DVD_1.html

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well - so far it appears that mastercam is first on the scene - one email to them and we have some action. Will see what they have to offer and how much dollars.