Software recommendations anyone ??

Thread: Software recommendations anyone ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software recommendations anyone ??

I'm still new to CNC and I've ordered a set of plans from Crankorgan for the Phoenix router. I don't want to wait until it's all finished before starting to understand what software I'm going to need.

By the looks of it, I first need to start with the CAD program. I would like something with a reasonable learning curve. I'd like it to help get me started and hopefully to take me on to more advanced machines. Price is always the hard part. I don't mind spending a few more dollars to get something good but I don't want to get too carried away in the beginning and overwhelm and discourage myself. Suggestions ??

What comes next and what would you suggest ?

Similar Threads:
    David J. Morrow

Downloads
    Uploads

David,

What kind of router work do you foresee yourself getting into? 2D, 3D?

There are many good cadcam packages out there.

You will undoubtedly get MANY opinions on what software to buy, so I might as well be the first.

I suggest you check out www.onecnc.com This comapny sells several cadcam packages. Like many companies, they have demos available from their site. They also have one of the most informative User forums I have ever experienced. In addition, the makers of the software are extremely responsive to customer input and are very helpful in regards to learning and understanding the software.

Even CNCZone has a section for OneCNC. Check it out. You will find tons of info there.

Buy once, you will probably be set for years.

Hope this helps

Mark Linder

Downloads
    Uploads

You can get a free version of Intellicad here

http://www.arch.adelaide.edu.au/~twyeld/ftp/intellicad/

Gerry

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd like to get to about a 24" x 36" cutting area eventually. I'd like to be able to cut motorcycle windshields which are about 3/16" plastic.

At some point, if I enjoy the whole CNC thing, I'd like to get into 3D and reproduce some of the more expensive motorcycle aluminum parts that break easily but are too expensive to purchase from dealers. I know this is a big jump in learning.

David J. Morrow

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello David,
    You should checkout Geopath CAD/CAM. Works well with your router and is ver easy to use. We use it on our Mill machines and most of our guys pick it up without any training. The website for the product is www.solution-ware.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For around $100 you can get TurboCAD Delux at www.turbocad.com If you get it, I’d suggest you also get the 2D and 3D Training Guides as well (they’re well worth the $).

--bb99

There are 10 types of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.